Trailers for MP2 (2 Viewers)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well done guys. Is there any update on the implementation of trailers? Currently i use mepo 1 and any movies that are added automatically have the trailer (s) download by the my trailers plugin. When i click on a movie it gives the option to play a local trailer (if available) or link to online videos to either stream a trailer or search for a trailer. It's a feature I'd love to have in mepo 2.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well done guys. Is there any update on the implementation of trailers? Currently i use mepo 1 and any movies that are added automatically have the trailer (s) download by the my trailers plugin. When i click on a movie it gives the option to play a local trailer (if available) or link to online videos to either stream a trailer or search for a trailer. It's a feature I'd love to have in mepo 2.
    Thanks. Currently the media items start to play when selecting them. I plan to implement an optional info screen with media information on select. This screen will have FanArt as background, poster, actors, audio tracks, subtitles, ... There will be also a "play" button to start the playback. I could assume to add also a "trailer" button, if a dev can support with the back code. Question: Are the trailers for MP1 loaded during import to the local DB or streamed online?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There is a plugin called trailers.

Most skins have a trailer button on moving pictures movie details screen that calls the trailer plugin.

The trailer plugin does two things.

1. Constantly scans moving pictures db for new movies then finds the trailers online and downloads them (if you active this option). It then saves the trailers at a location directed by the user either a dedicated directory or the same folder as the movie.

2. When the trailer plugin is called from the moving pictures movie details plugin it performs the following.
    A) check if any downloaded trailers in its own database.
    B) search for local trailer files using predefined settings. Eg. Search for trailer subdir in movie folder or search a dedicated folder with a predefined search string eg. "C:\trailers\*%imdbid%*.*" etc.
    C) search online for a trailer.

Then it presents the results as a list of local and internet trailers that you can play.

To find online trailers to stream ir download it does the following
    A. Check themoviedb which contains metadata for youtube trailer url.
    B) search youtube for "%movie% %year% %trailer%"

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So in answer to your questions (In Mediaportal 1)

The trailers are downloaded and stored in the trailers plugin db.

The trailers are streamed online by the trailers plugin telling online videos plugin which video to stream or the trailers plugin telling the online videos plugin to do a youtube search using a specific search string.

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think @ltfearme is in charge of the trailers plugin.

There are alternative media management tools that can download trailers for the user and it could be just a matter of the videos plugin adding the ability to both scan for and database movie extras.

Extras can be
    Trailers
    Featurettes
    Outakes
    Alternative endings
    Extras
    Documentaries/making of
    Etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom