Trouble with fonts (1 Viewer)

ringsting

Portal Member
July 9, 2007
Xi'an, China
Home Country
I am running Aeon Wide on a 720p CRT. Everything looks great apart from text displayed inside the plugins, for example list mode in my videos and my music.

The text looks grainy, and it is also very difficult to read the non highlighted text as it doesn't seem to contrast very well with the grey background.

Any suggestions on how I can make the text look a little more clear?

ringsting

Portal Member
July 9, 2007
Xi'an, China
Home Country
OK So I have delved into the world of XML and changed the height of font 12, increasing it by 20 points.

Now the menu bar in list view is out of sync with the text and too small,

I guess that I need to increase of the heights of, list_sub_small_focus.png and list_sub_focus.png

but doing that seems to make no difference, in fact changing it all together makes no difference, is it cached somewhere.

Any tips would be greatly received.

:)

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It is indeed cached. Depending on whether you're using XP or Vista, the cache will be in one of two places. If you're using 1.0 then you can just click the button at the top of MediaPortal's configuration app labeled "User Config Files". In that directory you'll see a directory named Cache. Inside the Cache folder, just delete the Aeon directory and it will force MediaPortal to recache all graphics the next time you start it up.

If you're not using 1.0 and don't have the User Config Files button in XP the Cache is located at Documents & Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache and on Vista it's at ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache.

Hope that helps you.

ringsting

Portal Member
July 9, 2007
Xi'an, China
Home Country
Thanks, I didn't realize that it was moved into the config app, I was searching through my TMP folder but just couldn't find it.

Will have a go in the next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom