TruHD software decoder for non HDMI Amp (1 Viewer)

gumdigger

Portal Member
July 16, 2008
hi there
i currently have the latest stable release of MP, running fine until i came accross this mkv file containing TruHD track. when i play this file i dont get any audio. my htpc is connected to amp via digital coax cable. unfortunately my amp does not decoder the latest HD audio formats.

what can i do?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    hi there
    i currently have the latest stable release of MP, running fine until i came accross this mkv file containing TruHD track. when i play this file i dont get any audio. my htpc is connected to amp via digital coax cable. unfortunately my amp does not decoder the latest HD audio formats.

what can i do?

digital coax (SPDIF) is not capable of carrying HD audio signals. It can only carry stereo or a DD/DTS bitstream. Some TrueHD tracks have an interleaved DD track and all DTS-HD MA tracks have a core DTS track.

Those trueHD tracks which have no interleaved standard DD would mean you have to decode the TrueHD signal and then re-encode it to DD. You can do this with the lastest SVN versions of FFDShow but it is not totally stable yet

mguebert

Portal Pro
    February 9, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hi there

what can i do?

You can use FFDshow to decode TrueHD in software and pass it via analog connection to your AVR if you have 5.1 in, or if all you have is Digital Coax or SPDIF you can also downsample the TrueHD and convert to AC3 for your AVR.... So there are options, however that still does not work with DTSMA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom