Trying out MP 1 again, have some questions and a few log files (1 Viewer)

jachin99

Portal Member
September 3, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have setup MP 1 successfully in the past but this time I'm at kind of a loss. Before I go into details about my issues I want to lay out my requirements. I'll be using MP as a TV server for Kodi DS Player 17. I'm currently trying out MP 1.17.0 final.

-Which versions of Media portal are compatible with the Kodi PVR plugin for Kodi 17?
-Is there a way to get schedules direct guide data into MP1? I downloaded the old plugin, and modified the package installer version check to work with newer versions but I haven't confirmed everything is working.
-Are there any known issues with the kodi pvr addon? I just came from NPVR but there was an issue with timeshifting. If there are any known issues here I am curious to know what they might be.

With all of that being said, I setup my tuners according to this guide: TV Servers and I can see my channels under the TV Channels tab in MP TV Server configuration but when I try to map them, I don't see any channels listed to map. This is a shot in the dark but I grabbed some logs, and I'll share them. If more info is necessary I'll gladly provide it, and thanks.

Attachments

• MPIPTVSource.log
    149.9 KB
  • SetupTv.1.log
    2 KB
  • SetupTv-Error.log
    0 bytes
  • SetupTv-Error.3.log
    3.7 KB
  • SetupTv-Error.2.log
    0 bytes
  • SetupTv-Error.1.log
    0 bytes
  • SetupTv.log
    1.4 KB
  • SetupTv.3.log
    6.6 KB
  • SetupTv.2.log
    2.9 KB
  • streaming server.Log
    311 bytes
  • TsWriter.log
    70.6 KB
  • TVService.2.log
    15.2 KB
  • TVService.1.log
    348.9 KB
  • TVService.3.log
    887.5 KB
  • TVService-Error.3.log
    788 bytes
  • TVService-Error.2.log
    2.7 KB
  • TVService-Error.1.log
    788 bytes
  • TVService.log
    72.2 KB
  • TVService.4.log
    1.5 MB
  • TVService-Error.log
    0 bytes

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    With all of that being said, I setup my tuners according to this guide: TV Servers and I can see my channels under the TV Channels tab in MP TV Server configuration but when I try to map them, I don't see any channels listed to map.

If you have done a successful channel scan for each and every tuner, there is no need to 'map' any channels - it's already happened automatically as part of the scan, so all of the channels found in the scan should already be in the right-hand 'Channels mapped to card' column - see the image here: Mapping

The mapping section is to allow you to add or remove channels from a tuner that you know should work or don't work e.g. if you have several identical tuners connected to the same antenna, you can just scan one of them then use mapping to copy the channels from one tuner to all the others (thus saving a bit of time compared to scanning all of them one-by-one).

jachin99

Portal Member
    September 3, 2017
    Home Country
    It looks like my channel scans are failing. I enabled cam for each tuner, and set the scan to digital cable. When I hit scan for channels, MP only scan for a few seconds. Then under the status box I get a message saying out of band service information...singal locked, no channels found. When I go into MP and try to play a channel anyway, MP tells me no tuners found. I can see 153 channels under the TV channels tab but under the mapped cardtypes column it tells me channel not mapped to card. I also tried increasing my scan duration up to 300 seconds for SDT/VCT but no luck

Attachments

• mappings.JPG
      mappings.JPG
      101.7 KB
    • scan results.JPG
      scan results.JPG
      78 KB
    • User Settings.JPG
      User Settings.JPG
      171.9 KB

jachin99

Portal Member
    September 3, 2017
    Home Country
    I decided against media portal in favor of something else. I remember having similar issues last time where I ran through the instructions but had issues getting MP to either scan or map channels. I'm trying to use MP strictly for Kodi DS Player to test the feasibility of that this time around. I wish I had documented what solved my issue last time so that things are a little more clear. I remember it suddenly working.

jachin99

Portal Member
    September 3, 2017
    Home Country
    If you get it working then let me know because I never did. I would still like to know if MP is a viable pvr option for Kodi ds and if it is I still might use it someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom