Ongoing Trying to connect to DIRECTV (1 Viewer)

Fresh Meat

Portal Member
November 24, 2014
United States of America United States of America
I have just finished building my HTPC. I have downloaded the latest version of Mediaportal and have successfully hooked up my music and videos.
My big problem is...... how do you hook up to DIRECTV I have a Happengauge Colossus card. The DIRECTV DVR is a Genie HD DVR (Model HR44).
Can someone explain (in baby steps....not too bright) how I set this up to receive live TV.

Thanks in advance

So looking forward to this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Trying to get mp 1.24 to recognise Schedules Direct. General Support 4
mrmojo666 beginner: trying to write a plugin, need help to catch event General Development (no feature request here!) 3
G Newb trying MP2, trouble with guide data General 5
S TV server -. trying to rescan for a local channel Installation, configuration support 0
N [solved] When MP2-Client is trying to register credentials, it uses the wrong machine name MediaPortal 2 7
J Trying out MP 1 again, have some questions and a few log files Newcomers Forum 5
haaitje Crashes when trying to add lyrics MPTagThat 0
O Kodi Client tries to access wrong timeshift file Installation, configuration support 0
J Short User Report - trying MP2 General 3
M MovingPictures: Hang at retrieving details (connection fails) ? Moving Pictures 23
R Connection (api) problems with thetvdb.com General 3
I [solved] Connection to TV Server MySQL General Support 8
F After resume, TV Server connection screen is shown General Support 4
W Setup data connection - mySQL connection failed Installation, configuration support 1
markthenewf HDHR connect not located General 2
D MPTvScheduler - Can't Connect WebService and Mobile Access 1
T TV Series - can't connect to http://thetvdb.com/api General Support 4
B 'Successful' install of MP2.2.2 on W8.1 - but can't connect to sql db General 1
Steve.Rayner61 Online Videos - Automatic Updates fails 'Automatic update disabled. Check your internet connection' OnlineVideos 10
B [solved] Client server connection not working with new install General 2
P MP2 - V2.1 Bug - Onlinevideos U.S. Amazon Prime Fails to Connect Older releases 5
L config M3u to connect Installation, configuration support 0
L Disconnected? How do I connect? Newcomers Forum 3
M Cannot connect after W10 update General Support 5