Trying to get ASUS Combo-210x aka ViXS 48B8 aka VistaView DA-1N1-E tuner working (1 Viewer)

RumbleZ

March 24, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello, I'm looking for a little help trying to get MediaPortal up and going for TV on a Gateway GM5664 Vista computer (specs on it at http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/1015004R/1015004Rsp2.shtml) I've got an ASUS Combo-210X PCI-e tuner which identifies itself as a ViXS PureTV-U 48B8 tuner. It was also sold as a VistaView Saber DA-1N1-E. I've read on the forums here of others having troubles getting ViXS cards working properly but none seem to stick around long enough to let anyone help find a solution. From what I read it seemed as if the ViXS cards are supported by & should work with MediaPortal but I have not been able to locate any success stories on the forum here so far.

As far as I can tell the card does hardware encoding and has a BDA driver. I've tried a couple different drivers with no change and have the newest available in it now. although it's from late 2007 it's the last driver update that was done for it that I have been able to find. here's a link to the specs of this card http://support.gateway.com/s/vidcard/asustek/6008116R/6008116Rsp2.shtml

On to the problems. When I try to scan QAM on the Vixs tuner I get nothing on any of the QAM tuning frequencies. The digital tv's in the house don't have any issue seeing these channels straight out of the cable. It scans QAM without issue just keeps saying 'No Signal" on every channel it tries. The tvs getting the QAM channels are off of the same splitter and the tuner is the shortest run from there at only about 8 feet. Same cable hasn't had any troubles with the analog in media center. I've also tried going straight to the tuner and cutting out the splitter and still get nothing.

When I try an analog scan, it just stops at channel 1 and doesn't proceed. I read other Vixs cards have this problem with MP, too. No issues in Windows Media Center. Been using this tuner for years and it still works in MC like it always has. With MediaPortal I've tried to scan it quite a few times and always get the same thing- The TV Config window doesn't hang and I can click on the other settings menus and when I click back on the analog tuner it's still doing the same thing under status: "channel:1 source:Cable". I have let it sit for hours and it did nothing. Also, nothing ever shows on the Signal Level and Quality bars.

ATSC works great, no problem picking up all available channels. I mostly want to get the QAM working, not as concerned with the analog side although it would be nice if it worked.

I've tried to get this tuner working in NextPVR as well and it recognizes the digital side of the tuner and scans but also finds no signal for QAM. I have not tried analog on it tho as it has an error and doesn't show the analog side as an option. But again, this tuner works fine on ATSC and Analog in Vista Media Center.

I have attached the logs if anyone would have a little time to take a look. If you need anything else or more information let me know and thank you in advance for your time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom