Trying to get two TVGuide versions (1 Viewer)

JuanC2

Portal Member
February 19, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
I posted this in the Skins section, but maybe this is a better place to do it. I hope to explain well what I mean.

I'm trying to make a minimized version of the TV Guide (2 or 3 rows + program description) to overlay it and browse the EPG while watching TV.

Resizing the controls in MyTVGuide.xml skin file and using the backgroung mode I've had a minimized EPG working this way. But I'd like to get both versions of the guide: normal (fullscreen) and minimyzed, and be able to choose one or the other.

So I made a new MyTVGuide_small.xml with the same window id as MyTVGuide.xml and the resized controls. Then created a menu entry setting it to this resized xml file, but It shows me the normal fullscreen guide. I supose that MediaPortal ignores the MyTVGuide_small.xml file because it has the same window id that normal MyTVGuide.xml file has.

Now I don't know what to do, cause I think the window id defines the its operation in MediaPortal code.

The question is: Is it possible to have two different windows with the same operation in MediaPortal? How can it be done?

Thanks.

JuanC2

Portal Member
February 19, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
No one really knows if it's possible?

Or maybe I sould ask in another place?

JuanC2

Portal Member
February 19, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
Well I'd like to try it anyway.

I've seen I can change the number of the TVGuide rows in the MediaPortal TV settings. I also see that an <import> in the MyTVGuide.xml file has changed after doing it. Therefore the MyTVGuide.xml skin file must have been changed and reloaded when changing this setting. I'd like to know how.

If I knew it maybe I could make a plugin to do what I want. Please help me with it.

The plugin should simply substitute the MyTVGuide.xml for a modified one, reload this skin file and then show it's window as the normal guide (maybe in void OnPageLoad() ? ).

When it exits (maybe in void OnPageDestroy) the plugin could retrieve the original MyTVGuide.xml and reload it again (not showing it now, only reload it and leave it avaiable as the normal guide). I supose this could avoid the windows id conflit.

Can some developer tell me if it's possible? Can I directly reload the MyTVGuide.xml file and then show it within a plugin? How?

Or maybe It's a stupid idea?

I'm sorry if I ask too much, but would greatly appreciate the help. If I get it to work, I'll post it here and show the result for anyone who likes it.

Thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom