Trying to setup my remote - please help (1 Viewer)

WTBHelp

Portal Pro
October 25, 2009
Hi guys - got this remote, Anyware GP-IR02BK (Newegg.com - Anyware GP-IR02BK Vista 2 channel IR Remote Control)

-I'm running XP Pro, so there are no downloadable drivers for this remote :( (no CD in box either).
-I used Aaron's MCE remote replacement driver to help XP find the device, https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-server-suite-irss-165/obsolete-mce-replacement-driver-29024/
-Windows pics up my remote now (before I couldnt even get it to say eHome, just said "unknown USB device")

-the red light on the USB device goes red when I push any button so I know there is a connection.

Now this is where I'm stuck. I dont know what to do next. I thought that IR Server 1.0.4.1 (by Aaron) would help me manually map all my keys, but I didnt see any functionality in there (im new to this). It is installed so please let me know if I dont need it.

I also was unable to map the keys in Mediaportal config (didnt see any options there).

Can someone please point me in the right direction, or at least tell me where to start. I assume that I need to find something that allows me to register my buttons in MP right? Like, "click now to map play", and then I hit my play button, and it finds it, or am I off base?

Thanks guys. Any help is much appreciated.

UPDATE: I meant to mention that I'm using my PC for work, running my TV dual screen out of my ATI 5770. Wife likes to watch movies, I like to work at same time, so keyboard/mouse control need to be different to remote. I'll deal with the focus problem when I get there, but for now I just want to get the remote working. Thanks again.

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Can anyone help plz? Thanks.

I have been using event ghost to do my mappings and it works very well

EventGhost

just use the standard MCE remote mapping then in event ghost add in the shorcuts that are not working but using the keyboard commands :)

even ghost will also let you know if the signal is being recived from your remote :)

good luck with it!

KYLe

WTBHelp

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2009
    Can anyone help plz? Thanks.

I have been using event ghost to do my mappings and it works very well

EventGhost

just use the standard MCE remote mapping then in event ghost add in the shorcuts that are not working but using the keyboard commands :)

even ghost will also let you know if the signal is being recived from your remote :)

good luck with it!

KYLe

Ok cool man, gonna try it now. I just managed to get the basic ehome driver. Trying the regedit method. Will let you know shortly. Thanks for your help! I'm so frustrated. 8 hours straight - I wanna cry ROFl.
    :D

UPDATE: Hey man, so I installed Event Ghost. Would you mind posting a screen shot of the same screen on your PC? Seems like EG cant even see my remote? WTF is going on? I dont see any mapping options but I assume those show up when EG actually finds your remote no?

Any suggestions to whats going on? I really appreciate the help. Thank you..

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    SIDE NOTE: I used this guide to setup the .inf file to match my remote, and it appeared to work because you can see my device list above with XP recognizing my remote:
    eHome Infrared Receiver not recognized by Windows XP at it.megocollector.com

I've also attached my .inf file if anyone can help! Please guys, I'm in a bind. Ive spent so many hours on this already. TY.

ill post some ss tonite cause i dont have my laptop with me atm, but u need to load the MCE plugin into the autostart of event ghost

that ss u have atm is just the example config you need to start a new config. it looks like the reciver is installed correctly but just check the remote i remember getting an odd remote that would install fine under xp but not work at all, but then i noticed on the box that it was only compatibile with Windows vista, i couldnt ever get it to work under xp

but anyway ill post some ss tonite

cheers

WTBHelp

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2009
    SIDE NOTE: I used this guide to setup the .inf file to match my remote, and it appeared to work because you can see my device list above with XP recognizing my remote:
    eHome Infrared Receiver not recognized by Windows XP at it.megocollector.com

I've also attached my .inf file if anyone can help! Please guys, I'm in a bind. Ive spent so many hours on this already. TY.

ill post some ss tonite cause i dont have my laptop with me atm, but u need to load the MCE plugin into the autostart of event ghost

that ss u have atm is just the example config you need to start a new config. it looks like the reciver is installed correctly but just check the remote i remember getting an odd remote that would install fine under xp but not work at all, but then i noticed on the box that it was only compatibile with Windows vista, i couldnt ever get it to work under xp

but anyway ill post some ss tonite

cheers

Thanks so much man. I can see where this is going now. I'm gonna use MediaPortal so added that plugin too. Still, no remote gets recognized. I think this is a driver issue, I dont know. I've updated my .ini file (some of the lines didnt have full PID and VID info, but now it looks sketchy. I really done know. Please post your SS. Thanks bud.

UPDATED .INF BELOW:

Attachments

• irbus.zip
      4.1 KB

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    This may sound like a stupid question, but did you try just setting MP to use MCE remote? (without any remapping or using eventghost)

It should just work out of the box with this setting...

Attachments

• mceremote.JPG
      mceremote.JPG
      54.7 KB

WTBHelp

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2009
    This may sound like a stupid question, but did you try just setting MP to use MCE remote? (without any remapping or using eventghost)

It should just work out of the box with this setting...

I'm using XP Pro, and XP Pro does not have any MCE support, so I needed to put in a manual fix to get the OS to recognize my remote. When I push a remote button, I see the IR receiver flash red, so I know its connected, and I know there is a signal. The OS however is not interpreting those signals correctly. I've tried to map keys using IR Suite etc, and when I hit a key, it just says IR failed. So I really dont know whats going on.

My driver appears to be setup correctly. Assuming that is the case, whats the first thing I should see?? Should I be able to navigate in Windows Explorer with the arrow keys etc? How do I know that the driver is even working.

Thanks for you help guys. Please keep it coming, please.

UPDATE:

I have a feeling that I've made the right .inf edits, but I think that there is something wrong in my registry (because I delete control keys or something while trying to use the MCE driver replacement by Aaron). Can anyone help me out on the registry end, or at least let me know what I need to look for? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom