TS files stuttering (1 Viewer)

Joce

Portal Pro
November 10, 2005
Lagny sur Marne
Home Country
France France
Hello,
Since 1.5 version, ts files have slight but regular stutterings with Mediaportal. I did not have the issue with previous versions and changing codecs does not solve the issue. Avi or MP4 videos are read flawlessly.
I have attached logs that were recorded during the playback of a ts file.

I'm not sure what else to do to solve my issue. If anyone has ideas, that would really be appreciated.

Thank you
Joce

Joce

Portal Pro
November 10, 2005
Lagny sur Marne
Home Country
France France
@Vasilich Thanks for the advice, I have keyed the information now.
@Owlsroost I always use the latest version.I'm not sure anymore but I believe it was 1.4.5
Thanks
Joce

Last edited by a moderator:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
i am not sure that you give us correct information - there were no 1.4.x releases except 1.4.0, and no 1.5.x except 1.5.0, so no idea where did you get MP 1.5.1 ??

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    (I have looked at the logs. To me it does look like a client side (playback) issue...)

[edit: @Joce are you really using MpTvClient, or are you using MediaPortal?]

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    (I have looked at the logs. To me it does look like a client side (playback) issue...)

I agree, but there were no changes to TsReader.ax or dshowhelper between MP 1.4.0 and 1.5.0, so it might be a change to some other part of MP that is adding extra CPU load maybe (this is quite an old system, P4 + Ati 9600) ?

(From the TsReader log, the playback data stream is being delayed so that is falling behind the presentation clock sometimes - hence the stuttering due to dropped frames/missing audio)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom