tsbuffer files (1 Viewer)

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
have had tvserver running for just over and hour and the have noticed tsbuffer files appearing.

2 tuners.. only 1 "active"

and i already have 1gb of ts files created and don't seem to remove... just new ones appearing every so often.

at this rate my HDD will be full after a short while.

is this normal ?

see screengrab

timeshift.jpg

bear

Portal Member
November 1, 2005
The files are the timeshift buffer files that recycle themselves, they normally get deleted when the tvserver is finished using the card. If the files are still being read by a player when the card is released then they will remain but should be deleted when the TVserver uses the card again. If you pause a player that's using the buffer files then the number of buffer files will grow since the TVserver can't reuse the ones being read and thus increase the number of files to a pre-limit value.

chenks

Portal Pro
May 22, 2006
Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
in the instance i show above, i had 1 tuner active.. and it was simply watching live tv (no pause activated etc)

why would new files keep appearing if they were recycling? how far will this go, if for example, i leave the client viewing the same channel for 24 hours ?

in the space of 30 mins i had 1gb of files... so if this was to continue would i have 2gb in an hour.. so in 24 hours i would have 48gb of these ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom