Tuner Card for Digital Cable (1 Viewer)

bisk

Portal Member
March 20, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I'm currently renting an HD PVR from Cogeco Cable in Stoney Creek, ON Canada and I hate the fact that I have to watch a recoded program on the TV that the box is attached to; I would like to be able to watch on any TV or if possible my laptop (when I'm in bed). So, I'm looking for a tuner card that will receive the digital cable signal from my cable provider (SD and HD sources) so that I can record it with MediaPortal. Are there any cards out there that will do this for me?

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I have not really looked for digital cards so I do not know this this is possible or not.... I am hoping someone else in the forums can help you out with this one.

bisk

Portal Member
    March 20, 2006
    Ontario, Canada
    ASiDiE said:
    I have not really looked for digital cards so I do not know this this is possible or not. The biggest issue you are going to run into with this setup is that you are RECORDING WITH MEEDIO! You do know that this is the media portal forums... right? If your going to be recording with meedio, it would probably be best to post it over there so that the card you get (if there is one) meedio supports it. Why anyone is still using meedio over MP... is beyond me. And yes... I have used meedio... for several months in fact.

Sorry, a brain fart on my part...I meant to put MediaPortal, my bad! I've corrected my post too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom