Tuner does not work upon restore from hibernate (1 Viewer)

egandt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2007
    My tuner an HD HomeRun will not tune channels upon waking from hibernate (in fact the tuner never receives any commands at all), unless I restart Media Portal then it works fine. I assume that this means that something is not getting set properly upon hibernation. I assume that this is a result of the HD HomeRun not getting initialized, but I have no proof for this.

This may also be a result of using an external product to call hibernate, as the internal command, allows the system to wake randomly (on USB), and somethings for no reason at all. Also Sleep locks the system and reboot losses the NIC (so only 2 options worked), as I can not trust the idiots in the house to not click those options, they did use both within minutes of me telling them not too, I think I'm stuck with an external shutdown script and the program plugin.

Any ideas what needs to be stopped prior to hibernating?, or better how to stop said device?
    One Idea is to shutdown Media Portal before hibernating and restart it upon waking, but I can not find any way to shutdown Media Portal nicely, so it would have to be a hard kill, and Windows does not seem to have any way to execute a wake from hibernation, at least not that I've found.

Thanks, since the problem is with the tuner upon waking I assumed that this would be the best forum.
    ERIC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom