Tuning Problems with two "Skystar s2" (1 Viewer)

lotti99

Portal Pro
May 7, 2007
Frankfurt
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,
after serveral changes in hard and software (codecs), i discovered, that one of my old Win-TV cards was the source of corrupt ts-streams, so i replaced it with a skystar s2 (from my other computer), and it worked well. Because the second WinTV card also has slightley problems (stuttering at start of some HD programs, f.e. "ZDH HD") i decided to replace it as well. And now the problems were starting.

With two skystar s2 cards, i can't switch channels. The first two programs are displayed very well, but it shows up, that the second program will be displayed by the second card.If I'm switching to the third transponder i get an error message at best (no PMT found), sometimes MP only crashes.
If i disable any one of the cards, the other is working well, channel switching is no problem, but if I enable both, they are not able to switch to another transponder.
No I've switched back to on skystar and one wintv and its o.k. but i'm stil looking for a solution to operate two skystar cards at the same time.

Anyone with similiar problems here? Thanks for any comment.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello lotti99

Please provide your log files.
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Click "open log directory" in the top left corner.
    3. Zip up the files you find there.
    4. Post the zip file here.

mm

lotti99

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2007
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI, here are the logfiles. Due to teh changes i've made - teh described situation was valid til Dec, 16th ~12:00 am.
    But, since then i discovered, hat the skystar S2 also is not working at all after standby - even a manual tvserver restart does not help.

Thanks for having a look

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    HI, here are the logfiles. Due to teh changes i've made - teh described situation was valid til Dec, 16th ~12:00 am.
    But, since then i discovered, hat the skystar S2 also is not working at all after standby - even a manual tvserver restart does not help.
    I think the drivers that you are using have problems. Make sure that you're using the latest drivers from TechniSat.
    If already using the latest drivers, you may need to work around the problem. Try using devcon to script restart (disable before standby then enable after standby... or just disable+enable after standby) the driver and see if it helps.

mm
    PS: I can't see any reason why two SkyStar S2 cards would not work in the same machine, however the drivers may just be really bad.

lotti99

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2007
    Frankfurt
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thans for investigating. I had installed the actual drivers from the homepage...
    I just got the chance to try out an TBS 6981 Dual-Tuner - so far it works very well. If it lasts, i think i will switch to this setting

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom