[Finished] TV: Add support for zapping by channel number (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Until now the SlimTV client doesn't allow to zap channels by index or logical channel number.

The first step is now taken and users can zap by channel number (related to current selected channel group). You can enter up to 4 digits, after a timeout of 1.5 seconds (after last keypress!), the tuning will happen.

Todo list for further developments:
    1. Add setting to configure timeout
    2. Extend the channel items in server and client to hold the logical channel numbers
    3. Extend tuning to use logical channel number (over index, make it configurable)
    The feature will be part of next weekly snapshot (based upon Spring'16 release) and can be tested by the attached plugin.

@Developers and @Testers , please give it a try!

Changelog:
    • v1 initial version for channel index (superseded)
    • v2 added channel numbers, settings. Needs both client and server plugins installed!
      • Extract 20160417-SlimTv.Client_Zapping_v2.7z to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins
      • Extract 20160417-SlimTv.Service3_Zapping_v2.7z to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins

Attachments

• 20160417-SlimTv.Client_Zapping_v2.7z
      102 KB
    • 20160417-SlimTv.Service3_Zapping_v2.7z
      4.5 MB
    Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Seems to work as expected. Only the 1.5 seconds feels more like something below 1.0 seconds here. But it's fine to me, no issue on adding 2 digit channel numbers at all (3 digit I can not test as I don't have that much channels)...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahh,... can we add a skin property for displaying channel numbers in EPG in this rework too? This was asked a lot lately.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ahh,... can we add a skin property for displaying channel numbers in EPG in this rework too? This was asked a lot lately.
    Exactly, would be too bad, if you can zap, but don't know where to zap :)
    After knowing the binding parameter, I'll add it to the skins by time.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First post updated with full channel number support and settings :)

After knowing the binding parameter, I'll add it to the skins by time.
    I've added the channel number to default skin for testing, see: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...87a#diff-6ec0cf9b911ab12f56f9bc549dff62ecR519.

The number is either the index based number per channel group (default) or the logical channel number. It's exposed to xaml by {Binding Channel.ChannelNumber}.
    @ge2301, can you please add the channel number to all skins? As there are so many copied styles, the inbuilt inheritance doesn't work... :whistle:;)

Channel numbers:
    upload_2016-4-17_18-58-35.png

Channel indexes (per group):
    upload_2016-4-17_18-58-13.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-17_18-56-40.png
      upload_2016-4-17_18-56-40.png
      129.8 KB
    Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's working :D
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Need to do some fine adjustments before I can release a theme update...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, I'll add it and push to FEAT_TV_ZapChannel.
    But could we please make the apperance of channel numbers optional in TV settings? I like them, but I'm sure many people won't.
    For that we have settings, letting the user decide :) If you agree I'll add them with the ChannelName into a row with width="auto" instead of StackPanel, so there is a constant offset between number and name.

But I'll do it only after feedback here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/change-behaviour-of-trigger-enter-exitactions.134074/ ;):p

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I added a little bit opacity to the ChannelNumber label and used DefaultBold family to differenciate number and name and also make th number not too dominant.
    I'll add it to other screen and themes later. It's family time now.
    Unbenannt.jpg

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you find some time to update the skins? I want to include this feature into next weekly build and it needs proper skin support.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Did you find some time to update the skins? I want to include this feature into next weekly build and it needs proper skin support.
    I've pushed the changes for SlimTVClient-FullGuide, I stil have to do it for SlimTVClient-Guide and SlimTVClient-Main. Last one I can not check, as the tuner is not working. But I can add it and somebody checks it once. I believe other screens do not need the ChannelNumbers.

But could we please make the apperance of channel numbers optional in TV settings? I like them, but I'm sure many people won't.
    It would be better, that the user can define, what he wants to see. Honestly ChannelNumber + ChannelLogo + ChannelName is very overloaded. In WMC I for example use only ChannelNumber + ChannelLogo. This is very compact and completely enough for me. I would really love, if you can configure this in TV settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom