TV Card + USB Remote? (1 Viewer)

S

saerdna

Im about to buy a tv card but i dont know wich one to pick. Since there are always a remote included with tv cards today it feels unesecary to buy the mce remote. But wich tv card should i buy to get a remote thats easy to configure with MP?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
saerdna said:
But wich tv card should i buy to get a remote thats easy to configure with MP?
A Hauppauge card. There's a plugin available, which will be included in the standard MP installation, soon. No need to configure, auto-detection of number of buttons, out-of-the-box support, ...

fossks

Portal Member
May 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I have to agree with mPod that Hauppauge cards are pretty well the best "all-round" cards. I personally have ATI AIW cards, generic BT878-based cards, WinTV PCI and Leadtek WinFast tv2000xp cards. I recently bought the WinTV PVR150 and it came with a remote, which works after applying the remote plugin. I have also tried an ATI Remote Wonder II which is a USB remote but has limited support.

So try one of the WinTV PVR-series cards.

fossks

Portal Member
May 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I have to agree with mPod that Hauppauge cards are pretty well the best "all-round" cards. I personally have ATI AIW cards, generic BT878-based cards, WinTV PCI and Leadtek WinFast tv2000xp cards. I recently bought the WinTV PVR150 and it came with a remote, which works after applying the remote plugin. I have also tried an ATI Remote Wonder II which is a USB remote but has limited support.

fossks

Portal Member
May 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA

fossks

Portal Member
May 2, 2005
Los Angeles, CA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom