TV Cards with CableCard Slot? (1 Viewer)

slimmj0k3r

Portal Member
December 28, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've been searching around for a TV Tuner with cable card support, the only thing I've found thus far is the Ceton InfiniTV 4. From my research there has been some users with issues when trying to detect the tuners within Mediaportal. I don't want to spend the $$ to pickup the InfiniTV if its not going to work.

Any Suggestions? :D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

Unfortunately most cable cards are locked down hard with copy protection. It is unlikely that any would work in MediaPortal (except for FTA channels) because MediaPortal would allow you to circumvent the restrictions that content owners and distributors want to place on users. Further, there is only one team member that I know of who lives in the USA, and he does not have a cable card - this makes it difficult to do anything to add/improve support, which probably means that you're stuck with WMC and the restrictions imposed by the DRM. Having said that, we're not writing cable cards off - we know how cool it would be if they could work. It will definitely be something that we look at for TVE 4 (MediaPortal 2).

aweber1nj

April 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    What about the programs that come from a cablecard tuner marked "Copy Freely"???

I would love to use MP instead of WMC!

Thanks,
    AJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom