TV channel scanning doesn't find a signal (2 Viewers)

Gargamel

Portal Member
October 30, 2007
Hi again.
Thx for your help. This not working for me :confused: There is no signal in my Tuner. I dont know can i do. Here is my last log. I think that the solution is a fresh reinstall of Win7 and Mepo. With Mepo 1.1.3 tuner works properly, but now...dont want to work xd

Gargamel

Portal Member
October 30, 2007
Hi all. I have a big problem... Clean instalation of Win7 32 bits, install drivers, clean instalation of Mepo. I go to Tv-server configuration to scan channel and i receive the message "no signal" With Mepo 1.1.3 i had no problem with tv but now dont function properly. Please help me. Here is the logs
I have change the provider to DVBT and problem continue.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Gargamel

There don't seem to be any obvious problems in your logs now.

Have you tried to use the tuner in other software like WMC?
    If it works in other software then is it possible that the frequencies that you are scanning are incorrect?

Please can you tell me: which country and region/city are you using for scanning?

mm

Gargamel

Portal Member
    October 30, 2007
    I´m scanning country Spain and region Murcia and All region with the same result. But the problem is bigger... i have scanning channels in WMC and dont find anything too. I dont know why... It is possible that my Cinnergy 2400 is broken? Win7 recognize and install it without problem. This evening i go to install a Hauppauge WintTv 900 Hibrid usb in the same pc to view results. Thx for your help.

EDIT Hauppauge wintv 900 works... i have read in other forum that seems to be a bug in the bda driver of de Terratec cinnergy 2400i dt in win7. Last time i installed win7, then mediaportal and work fine and then SP1 to win7. Now i install a version of win7 with sp1 installed, its possible that here is the problem, that the bda driver dont work properly if there no be installed before than sp1. Your opinion? Thx.

Gillius

January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I too am having some major difficulties getting MediaPortal to find any channels during a scan.

Even though I have never used Orb for streaming live tv, I had previously installed it just to stream media from my PC to my cell. I thought I'd try removing it completely, since it wasn't anything I use anymore--but I am still getting identical results: no signal.

I am using a PCTV 80e tuner card on Windows 7. The Pinnacle software that comes with the card works fine--it finds many channels and had no issues. I've checked the "stop" button mentioned previously in the card settings, but no luck there either. (In fact, mine was already set this way.)

Attached are my logs... Maybe someone can help me figure out what's up.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Gargamel

It could certainly be a driver problem. Which driver are you using? You should use the driver from TerraTec -->here<--. I notice that it mentions W7 but *not* W7 SP1. Usually I'd expect it should work regardless of when you install it.

mm

Gargamel

Portal Member
    October 30, 2007
    Hi Gargamel

It could certainly be a driver problem. Which driver are you using? You should use the driver from TerraTec -->here<--. I notice that it mentions W7 but *not* W7 SP1. Usually I'd expect it should work regardless of when you install it.

mm

I´m using this driver and sure that its the problem.. sp1. The problem is that Terratec not actualize this driver since 2 o 3 years, and i think that they dont do it. I will buy a new dual tv card (No Terratec xd) and forget this. Thx for all your help ;)

meteoratc

January 25, 2012
    Im currently having problem setting up mine as well, no signal no matter what I am trying, here is my file

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom