TV channel scanning doesn't find a signal (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Gnice

Two things to say based on those logs. I think the reason your analog tuner is not working particularly well (even though it has found the channels) is that you need to use the "stop card" setting that I mentioned for the Avermedia tuner for that tuner too.

I can't explain the network connection dropouts but I can explain the TV not working - you need to set your codec preferences in MediaPortal configuration as per the details -->here<--. This is any absolutely *critical* part of MediaPortal setup and configuration. For you I'd advise using the Microsoft DTV-DVD video and audio decoders wherever possible. Just search the list in each field for that option. Don't worry too much if it is not available in the DD+ audio setting list You can pretty much ignore that setting at this point.

mm
    PS: that Orb software (or something else you have installed) is still playing havoc in the QAM scans that I see that you've been doing in these new logs.

ckronengold

October 2, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm also unable to get a signal with my Silicon Dust Homerun tuner. I know the tuner is working b/c I can view channels in other apps, but not in MediaPortal.

I am using Windows Home Server 2011 which may be causing problems, but again, the tuner is working in the OS, maybe just not Mediaportal.

2011-10-01 18:51:44.693304 [(5)]: unable to add BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter filter:0x4022D
    2011-10-01 18:52:16.360674 [(5)]: unable to add BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter filter:0x4022D
    2011-10-01 19:34:48.654244 [TVService(6)]: TvService OnStart failed : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
    at System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
    at TvService.TvServiceThread.OnStart()
    2011-10-01 19:42:08.549820 [TVService(6)]: TvService OnStart failed : System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
    at System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
    at TvService.TvServiceThread.OnStart()
    2011-10-01 20:11:36.004854 [(5)]: unable to add BDA MPEG2 Transport Information Filter filter:0x4022D

Attachments

• tv.zip
      37.3 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome ckronengold :)

First, I note that you're using Windows Server 2008 R2 - we don't officially support that operating system so technically the official response would be "we can't help, sorry". The reason for this is that server operating systems have traditionally not included the required components for TV support. Having said that, I'll at least try to help...

What have you got connected to the HDHomeRun - cable connection and over-the-air antenna, or only cable connection?
    What are you trying to receive - clear QAM channels, over-the-air ATSC channels or both?

I note that your HDHomeRun tuners are set in either "digital antenna", "disabled" or "CableCARD" mode (tuners tab) in HDHomeRun setup. For clear QAM in MediaPortal you need to set them to "digital cable" and set the "main application" to MediaPortal (application tab).

mm
    PS: might have been best to start a new thread as Gnice's problem has nothing to do with an HDHomeRun.

ckronengold

October 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for the willingness to help.

I'm actually using Windows Home Server 2011 OEM, but it does show up at 2008 RC2, and regardless, is also not supported. So I appreciate your willingness to point me in the right direction.

I'm trying to get QAM channels, as I've got coax from the cable connection running into the tuner. I'm able to get the channels, DVR functionality and live TV on my network using Windows Media Center that is included in Win 7. I tried changing some of the settings on the tunes, which is why my settings in MP looked messed up.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm actually using Windows Home Server 2011 OEM...
    Ah, my mistake - sorry. I see now you actually stated that up front. :oops:

I'm trying to get QAM channels, as I've got coax from the cable connection running into the tuner.
    For clear QAM to work in MP you need to fix up those settings that I mentioned (main application and tuner source). Also you might have to try all of the different QAM standards before you find the right one. I'm told that channels may have to be enabled in HDHomeRun setup before they can be found in MediaPortal. I'm not 100% sure about this as I don't actually have an HDHomeRun...

mm

ckronengold

October 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks.

I just started a new thread, per your request. Sorry for posting / hijacking someone else's threat. Bad form, and I know better.

I did change to Digital Cable, designated MediaPortal as my main application, and scanned QAM Standard, and it found 7 channels. However I am still unable to view them, and that may be b/c of the lack of features needed in WHS.

I am able to view recorded TV in the WTV and DMS formats by playing them in WMP or VLC. Its just the live TV that isn't working. Unrelated, I can stream video content via the slingbox app, so its not going to be the end of the world if I cant get this to work.

Gargamel

Portal Member
    October 30, 2007
    Hi, and Happy New Year. I just upgrade from Mepo 1.1.3 to 1.2.2, all works fine except Tvserver, now when i try watch tv in Mepo or scan channel in TvServer configuration, Mepo says that "no signal"
    Here is my logs file. Thanks for your help.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and happy new year to you too Gargamel! :)

It looks like you may have a corrupt database. Please follow the instructions -->here<-- first. After you've done that please restart the PC and see if the problem persists.

mm

Gargamel

Portal Member
    October 30, 2007
    Thx for your fast help. I have done that you tell me, but i have same problem yet.... In Mediaportal when turn on TV have the error "no signal" and in Tv-service configuration too when i try to find channels. This is the new log file.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again

According to -->this thread<-- you need to use the DVB-T network provider instead of the generic one.

1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the tuner list.
    3. Select the first 2400i tuner and click edit.
    4. Change preferred network provider to "DVBT" and click OK.
    5. Repeat for the second tuner.
    6. Restart TV Server.
    7. :)

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom