Portal Pro
October 1, 2007
Siena
Home Country
Italy Italy
Started on: 2007-10-20
last update: 2007-10-20

Summary:
The TV recordings conflict manger is too slow.

Area:
MyTV

Description:
I think the incriminated class is ConflictManager
In this class a worker thread is created to analize the recordings list in background. When the work is finished the list on the screen is updated with the red icons with exclamation mark.

The algorithm is slow with many recordings and every time the list is updated (TVDatabase_OnRecordingsChanged), the algorithm is initialized from scratch.

I've about 70 recordings in list and any time I update the list (ie. deleting a recording) the icons disappear, then it took dozens of seconds to re-show the icons updated.

This lag appens everywhere a list of recordings is shown.

I've also seen many times an annoying behaviour: I'm scrolling down the recording list, delete a recording, continue to scroll down, after a few seconds the list suddenly goes automatically to the start. I'm not sure this behaviour is caused by ConflicManager updating and refreshing the list but it could be the probable cause.

Bye
Midget
:D

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yeah, I can confirm this.
I've noticed this behaviour too.

The larger the recordingslist gets, the slower MP gets in the conflicts/scheduled recordings part.
But I just read that someone is completely rewriting the recordings part so I hope this also improves (together with the conflicts handling)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom