TV engine 3 test hardware (1 Viewer)

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Devs:

I was just wondering what kind of hardware you were testing TV v3 on? Mainly the server side but it wouldn't hurt to know what the clients are to.

I am looking at getting some new hardware and don't want to set my sights to low, or go over kill ($$). Just looking for ball park figures, ie runs great with AthlonXp, needs AMD Opteron 1216 2.4GHz Socket AM2 Dual Core.

Thanks for any help.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Short answer: On the same hardware we use the current MP with. Nobody of us upgraded the HTPCs or dev-PCs for this.

nilsga

Portal Member
August 3, 2006
Will an older Pentium 4 work as a server? What is the most critical resource when operating as a TV-server; memory, disk space or CPU?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Will an older Pentium 4 work as a server? What is the most critical resource when operating as a TV-server; memory, disk space or CPU?
Hard to say, as the product is not finished yet. So almost impossible to predict what hardware requirements are needed for client or for server. IIRC distributing across the network is not implemented completely yet anyway. So a bit patience, please. We'll let you know it all when it's done. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom