[confirm] TV freezing and sync errors in log (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: v1.1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3Wide
Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
CPU Type: P4 2.8Ghz Northwood
HDD: 500GB WD SATA
Memory: 1.5GB DDR
Motherboard: Gigabyte 8i848-PM
Video Card: 2600XT 256MB
Video Card Driver: 10.4
Sound Card: onboard Realtek AC97 (ALC655)
Sound Card AC3: no AC3
Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.6300
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Nova-T 500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver: 4.3.27240
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD9)
MPEG2 Audio Codec: ffdshow
h.264 Video Codec: ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Custom
Cooling: Nexus 120mm Intake Fan, Accelero S2, Mini Ninja
Power Supply: DELL DA-2 AC->12v DC, mCubed EF28 DC-DC board
Remote: Nova-T 500
TV: Sony XBR800 36"
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

I've just done a fresh install of XP and MP. I was just watching TV and it froze. Pressing back to skip 15 seconds didn't bring up the OSD or seem to have any effect until about 10 seconds later the programme started playing from about 15 seconds back for a few seconds and then froze again. Pressing Stop didn't bring up the dialog for some time either and then it was unresponsive moving from Play to Stop.

I notice there's a lot of "Vid/Ref : Compensated", "Demux : Video to render" and and "Video/Audio Continuity error" in the TsReader.log. I don't know if they're related to the problem but I imagine that it's not good that they're happening, so I'd appreciate some help getting rid of them.

MP just (00:45ish) lost connection to the TV Service as well and loading TV Server it tells me that the service is not running. I made the attached zip after this happened but I can't see it reflected in the logs, although I don't really know what to look for.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
OK, I've found LiveTV is consistently freezing just after MP creates the second timeshifting file. Each time the TVService is stopped

I've tried moving the TS files from my RAMdisk to the HD and also tried changing the video and audio decoders, all to no avail. I'v

I saw this line in the Tv.log "2010-05-14 01:22:35.531250 [EPG Update thread(12)]: Tvservice stopped due to a app domain exception Error: StatementErrorUnclassified
Gentle.Common.GentleException: delete from Program where idChannel = ?idChannel and endTime < '2010-05-13 01:22:35'; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Incorrect key file for table '.\mptvdb\program.MYI'; try to repair it"

It looks like the database has got messed up somehow (I've only just re-installed everything so I don't know how it managed to do that so quickly), so is there any easier way to clear up the database than uninstalling MP/MySQL, deleting all the MySQL data files and reinstalling MP?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    open up a command prompt window and change directory to your mysql \bin folder
    something like

cd "c:\program files\mysql\mysql 5.0xxx\bin"

trying this from memory but the above should be a good enough hint to find it.

Then enter
    mysqlcheck --auto-repair MPTVDB

this should attempt to repair any issues in your database

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks, but that just gives me:
    "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin>mysqlcheck --auto-repair MPTVDB
    mysqlcheck: Got error: 1044: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database
    mptvdb' when selecting the database"

I tried stopping the TVService in case that was locking the database, but it didn't help.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks, but that just gives me:
    "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin>mysqlcheck --auto-repair MPTVDB
    mysqlcheck: Got error: 1044: Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database
    mptvdb' when selecting the database"

I tried stopping the TVService in case that was locking the database, but it didn't help.

i think you have to supply your root username and password.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    OK, thanks. I got it to work by typing 'mysqlcheck --auto-repair MPTVDB -u root -p' which then prompted for the password.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    TV's working OK now since I repaired the database but I'm still seeing a lot of Late Frame and Demux messages in the log.

Should I be concerned about these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom