TV Gemist doesnt work (1 Viewer)

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm trying to get Tvgemist to work but I'm running into an error that .asf and .wmv cannot be played due to codec.

SAF 4.0 Final is installed. In the Online Video config tab "Codecs" WMV/ASF shows "WM ASF Reader | 11.0.5721.5145 | C:\WINDOWS\system32\qasf.dll" as the codec.

Anybody knows whats going wrong?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm trying to get Tvgemist to work but I'm running into an error that .asf and .wmv cannot be played due to codec.

SAF 4.0 Final is installed. In the Online Video config tab "Codecs" WMV/ASF shows "WM ASF Reader | 11.0.5721.5145 | C:\WINDOWS\system32\qasf.dll" as the codec.

In the onlinevideosites.xml, is there a player="WMP" entry?
    Can you check the mediaportal.log for the url, and try playing that url in windows mediaplayer?

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The player="WMP" entry is there (see attached xml file).

I've also tried to play a URL that I found in mediaportal.log (url: http://cgi.omroep.nl/legacy/player?/ceres/1/avro/rest/2010/AVRO_1387473/bb.20100906.asf ), and Windows Mediaplayer also could not play the file. It reported that I didn't have the correct codec installed. (SAF 4 final installed (unlocked)).

So is there any way to let the software know that C:\WINDOWS\system32\qasf.dll is installed ( or am I thinking to easy :) )

Attachments

• OnlineVideoSites.xml
      134.4 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can correctly play this url in wmp.

If qasf.dll is shown in the mediaportal configuration, it is correctly installed, however if I check mine, it has version 11.0.6001.7000, (vista 32bit sp2), so maybe you should update some components? Usually wmp asks to connect to internet to update missing codecs if it fails to play, did you try that?

erik070

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've tried a few things:

My HTPC was getting really old and slow, so I replaced it. With the new hardware I thought I try win 7 instead of win xp.
    Installed SAF 4 Final, and you wouldn't believe it: the same error occurred.

Then I tried SAF 5 beta, this solved the problem.

So we don't know what caused the problem with SAF 4 but since SAF 5 solves it, it doesn't bother me :).

Thanks for your help

(PS. WMP didn't ask to update the codecs, I was also used to WMP asking for a codec update but it just says an error occurred)

Gup

Portal Pro
    May 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Did you enable MS DMO?

SAF default disables this and then TVGemist won't work.

You can find it in SAF's menu. SAF v4.00--->MS DMO---->Video Decoder ON

oekie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 25, 2008
    Gennep
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm trying to get tvgemist. Where can I download it from. And how to install??

Thankx in advance

It is in online videos! So install that plugin and tvgemist will be included

gr oek

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom