TV Guide enhancement (1 Viewer)

AllenConquest

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
London, UK
I don't know if anyone has suggested this, but in ShowShifter you can change channel from within the EPG. I'm missing this feature in MP. When you click on a program and the menu pops up to allow recording, can an option be added to switch to this channel. That way you will be able to navigate around channels from with the EPG.

Of course there might already be a way of doing this, and I've just missed it. If so, can someone please enlighten me.

Joop

Portal Member
December 31, 2004
FlipGer said:
Hi,

hit 'X' on the desired channel. A hidden feature, many people already asked for that. ;)

Flip.
Would you like to explain this a bit further? because I tried (0.1.0.5.1) and it doesn't work or more probable I''m doing something wrong.
What did I do:
start Mediaportal -;)
click on myTV
click on TVGuide
hover over Ned1
hit 'X'
nothing happens
hover over progam what should be playing on that channel
hit 'X'
nothing happens
Now what???

Joop

csberto

Portal Pro
November 6, 2004
Tilburg, the Netherlands
FlipGer said:
Hi,

seems to be changed since i last used this option. Do not know which key it is currently. Ask in IRC...

Flip.

From MediaPortal Manual:
"TV Guide, Watch Selected Channel:
If one of the hilighted programs falls with in the current viewing period, pressing X on the keyboard will display that channel in full screen. This applys only to the channel with a program that is still active in the time slot indicated."

But it doesn't work here!

matis1

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2005
    Austria /Europe
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    if you are using a mouse a right click will open a menue where the first entry is "view actual channel". maybe this would help u?!

but i have my own problems with navigating through tv. i would like to full picture with a left click on the tv gui. i think i had it working some day, but this function is gone...

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    matis1 said:
    if you are using a mouse a right click will open a menue where the first entry is "view actual channel". maybe this would help u?!

but i have my own problems with navigating through tv. i would like to full picture with a left click on the tv gui. i think i had it working some day, but this function is gone...

I would like the same as you do.

A

Anonymous

hi,

I would like it too if left-click went to fullscreen Tv and right-click showed the menu. I think it would be more logic, because normally Enter <=> left-click means the same...

keans

Joop

Portal Member
    December 31, 2004
    matis1 said:

What would be even cooler is that pressing 'X' on the current timeslot would update the miniture view so that one can see what the program looks like before going full view.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

ok try hitting F9 in tv guide to see the channel fullscreen. I would also more like it, to just switch the preview window. :)

Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom