TV guide: EPG enhancement (1 Viewer)

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Country flag
    This is on your ToDo list. Only a few thoughts for inspiration.

1) I think something like "playing now" will be needed.

I found something by chance that might give some inspiration for the layout.
    Don´t look at the graphics, they are horrible.

But I like the channels in a list under each other and I like the progressbar for each show.
    It is in German but you get the idea ("Jetzt" means "now")

bild1.jpg

2) notice the Button "Später" means "later".
    There are all the following shows listed that have not begun yet.

I think this would also be a nice feature.

3) Possibility to switch the view only to the program of one channel.
    For example select "Eurosport" and see all the program of Eurosport as a list.

tomtom21000

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Country flag
    And another sketch that can give inspiration for future enhancements
    Best if the categories could be configurable to the users taste/priority.
    Best if the "prime time" like 20:15 would be configurable because this is different in different countries.

tomtom21000

the sketch is from a sceneo user (marzog)

Main_EPG.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Original please.
    Original please.
    While we are chatting, now get mad, you know that I said I would refactor the database to get rid of any redundancies. I've done...
    Replies
    Views
    Got into Disk Management to Change Drive Letter and Path for J: but found the "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder" & "Browse" are both grayed out. Diskpart using an Admin CMD allowed me to Select Volume and Assign it to an empty NTFS folder. You've been a great help.
    Got into Disk Management to Change Drive Letter and Path for J: but found the "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder" & "Browse"...
    Hi, I'm investigating how to get a failover command developed. Such as : FAILOVER <\\server\sharedfolders\SD02 | local HDD...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks CyberSimian ! I changed the % watched setting. That will do the trick.
    Thanks CyberSimian ! I changed the % watched setting. That will do the trick.
    I recall there used to be thin blue line under each recorded TV program in the list, indicating how much of the program had been...
    Replies
    Views
    MediaPortal 2 has no mouse settings, those are controlled by Windows. You need to change it in your Windows mouse settings.
    MediaPortal 2 has no mouse settings, those are controlled by Windows. You need to change it in your Windows mouse settings.
    The TV Guide schedule will only scroll with keyboard up and down arrows and not the mouse wheel. Why is this the case? The Live TV...
    Replies
    Views
    That 's what I see. I've retired from software development in favour of getting a 1910 gaff cutter back sailing, and as that development was in DataFlex I doubt that it's relevant to MP development.
    That 's what I see. I've retired from software development in favour of getting a 1910 gaff cutter back sailing, and as that...
    The setting up of scheduled recordings seems to be the weakest part of MP2 - in fact I'd go as far as to say one aspect of it is a...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom