[confirm] TV Menu > Videos s/b TV Shows (like before) (1 Viewer)

jimekus

Portal Member
July 13, 2012
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I tried but could not build a database using Videos, whereas MovingPictures builds everything exactly from my filenames.

Consequently, when watching TV, I want to be able to switch to MP-TVSeries and from there to MovingPictures but the menu entry at the bottom (under Teletext) goes to Videos. I want it to go to TV Shows.

How can this be fixed?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I tried but could not build a database using Videos, whereas MovingPictures builds everything exactly from my filenames.

Consequently, when watching TV, I want to be able to switch to MP-TVSeries and from there to MovingPictures but the menu entry at the bottom (under Teletext) goes to Videos. I want it to go to TV Shows.

How can this be fixed?

I suspect that MPTvSeries provides a modified skin file with the 'TV Series' button in TV, and since you have (presumably) updated, this has been replaced by the default one. Try reinstalling the TV series plugin.

jimekus

Portal Member
    July 13, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I suspect that MPTvSeries provides a modified skin file with the 'TV Series' button in TV, and since you have (presumably) updated, this has been replaced by the default one. Try reinstalling the TV series plugin.

Reinstalling didn't change the TV Menu back to TV Shows.

Last edited by a moderator:

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It seems that MyTVSeries changes the left side "hidden" menu after you change the MYVideos left side "hidden" menu, View option from "Shares" to "Title" (or any other view option), and it stays stuck there forever. :(

Before you do that, though, if you enter MyTV and use the left side menu to switch to Videos("MyVideos"), then now you see the left side hidden menu cannot be changed. You can exit this screen and enter MyVideos from the main home screen and all is good.

However ***WARNING*** if you change the "View" in the left side hidden menu inside MyVideos with MP TVSeries installed, then it bugs out and displays nothing and u are stuck that way.

So if you mp TVSeries installed, and u get stuck, then u may as well use it.

Back to the original question about switching between my tv my tvseries, use the "tv shows" at the bottom of the left menu. It might be an idea to include MyTV to that left menu list too.

Last edited:

jimekus

Portal Member
    July 13, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    SiLenTYL,

Thanks, but I could not understand your reply and/or it seems to be at cross purposes with my problem, because "TV Shows" is not showing at the bottom of the left menu and this is all I want fixed. I think your hidden menu problem is another issue altogether.

jimekus

Portal Member
    July 13, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Where it is Videos on the bottom of this menu, from the partial screenshot, it used to be TV Shows.

MP13Videos.jpg

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    It shows both Videos and TV Shows for me.
    Doublecheck you have mptvseries plugin enabled.
    There is no *NEW* MP TVSeries plugin as we are working off the previous builds version(1.2), and the only way i get some plugins working is to uninstall MP and its plugins entirely and reinstall.
    im getting crazy long SQLite errors (closing, closing, closing) going on here so i decided to uninstall and reinstall all of MP and all the plugins.

Will have to wait for a new version of mp tvseries thats more skin happy than the current one is all. :)

jimekus

Portal Member
    July 13, 2012
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I just ran BackupSettings and did a full uninstall and cleanup of MediaPortal and reinstalled it along with plugins and extensions and then imported all my BackupSettings. The offending menu didn't change and still only shows Videos at the bottom. Maybe the problem lies in some BackupSetting that remained and reimported the flaw in the menu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom