[solved] TV Plugin missing (1 Viewer)

jgierer12

February 2, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello everybody,

I just switched back from Argus TV to MediaPortal TV Server and now the TV menu item in MP just goes back to the main screen when selected. After doing a bit of research I found out my problem is similar to the one in this thread: Argus TV seems to have deleted/uninstalled the TV Plugin (partially at least, there is still a TvPlugin.dll which seems to be responsible for the MP <-> TV Server communication but not for the GUI). Now I thought instead of completely reinstalling MP and therefore losing all my settings, plugins etc. I could just take a working plugin file and place it back in the plugins folder.

So, it would be super awesome if someone could upload the TV GUI plugin file. It should be located in ...\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\ and I believe it's called something like GUITV.dll. If there is a GUIRadio.dll as well it would be nice if you'd upload that too.

Thanks in andvance!
jgierer12

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome jgierer12 :)

Argus TV seems to have deleted/uninstalled the TV Plugin
    I agree, that is probably the cause.

...there is still a TvPlugin.dll which seems to be responsible for the MP <-> TV Server communication but not for the GUI
    The MP TvPlugin.dll is responsible for TV Server communication and the GUI.

What size is your TvPlugin.dll?
    If I recall correctly, Argus renames the MP TV plugin to TvPlugin.dll.bak (or similar), then puts in a "dummy" TvPlugin.dll so that the TV/radio section in MP configuration continues to show.

So, it would be super awesome if someone could upload the TV GUI plugin file. It should be located in ...\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\ and I believe it's called something like GUITV.dll. If there is a GUIRadio.dll as well it would be nice if you'd upload that too.
    AFAIK there are no such DLLs. As above: TvPlugin.dll is responsible for the TV and radio screens (GUI) in MP1.

Regards,
    mm

jgierer12

February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for your reply!

AFAIK there are no such DLLs
    Never mind, I thought there has to be a similar thing for TV since there is a GUI... dll for most other views (e.g. GUIDVD, GUIHome, GUIMusic etc.)

What size is your TvPlugin.dll?
    It's 4.00 KB. I just noticed that's very small compared to most other plugins.

If I recall correctly, Argus renames the MP TV plugin to TvPlugin.dll.bak (or similar), then puts in a "dummy" TvPlugin.dll so that the TV/radio section in MP configuration continues to show.
    Somehow I don't have a TvPlugin.dll.bak in the plugins\Windows\ folder either...
    Is there any way I can make the TV function work again without reinstalling MP?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It's 4.00 KB. I just noticed that's very small compared to most other plugins.
    Right, so that is the one that Argus put there.

Somehow I don't have a TvPlugin.dll.bak in the plugins\Windows\ folder either...
    The name (TvPlugin.dll.bak) was a guess from me. I thought Argus made a backup of the MP DLL to enable people to switch back to the MP TV Server if they wanted to... but I could be wrong. Seems not a very friendly thing for Argus to do.

Is there any way I can make the TV function work again without reinstalling MP?
    Yeah, you just need to replace the Argus dummy TvPlugin.dll with the MP TvPlugin.dll. I'd provide that DLL to you if I could, but I can't right now because I'm at work. Hopefully somebody else will be able to post the DLL for you shortly.

jgierer12

February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you, but unfortunately that seems to be the 1.9.0 version of the plugin. Could someone else on 1.10.0 upload the plugin as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom