TV server ... can't make it work (1 Viewer)

charger2000

Portal Member
September 17, 2005
Home Country
Italy Italy
I'm pretty sure I've done everything to configure the TV server engine but... it doesn't work...

Today I've installed a brand new version of MP and the latest TV engine, but a couple of things are strange and the TV server doesn't work.

First: after configuring the TV server module (it finds and tune all the right channels) if i hit/click the OK button nothing happens, I have to close the window with the X

Second: The first time I open My tv in MP this window:
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Engine_0.3/config-Client

does NOT show up

So if I go in Mytv and try to start the TV nothing happens...

PLEASE help me doing a checklist.

P.S. the SQL service is automatically started

thanks, Nik

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello charger2000,

you might have to delete any TV-Cards in the MediaPortal client configuration -> Television -> Capture cards. You also need to install the client Plugin; Note: There are two (!) setup files coming within the TV-Server package. Install them both (One is the client Plugin).

You also shouldn't close the TV-Server window like you described, depending on the database Server's speed and the number of read- / write-actions it could take a while until it has saved everything so be patient.

-level20peon

charger2000

Portal Member
    September 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hi level20peon, thanks for reply,
    on this "try" I gone straight with the new engine, so I didn't add the tv card in the old section.

I've installed both files.

I know I shouldn't close the window in that way, but it simply won't close hitting "Ok". :(

Nik

charger2000

Portal Member
    September 17, 2005
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I mean I didn't add a card in the old TV section, so there's nothing to delete
    :)

Nik

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom