TV Server, Colossus, and DirecTV (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again toricred

Glad you managed to figure out the SD thing. I was a bit stuck - couldn't figure out what could be wrong!
    You will have to create the schedules manually I'm afraid. We don't have any mechanism for migration from GB/N-PVR, Sage, or any other software. That is something that is lurking at the back of my mind that I'd like to do something about though.

Regarding your recordings: I think you may be better to go with a plugin. TV Wishlist is one that a lot of people seem to use for organising and scheduling TV recordings.

mm

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    With the demise of SageTV I would think it would be very helpful to set up something for importing any of the configurations you can. I see the My TVSeries plugin, but I haven't found TV Wishlist plugin yet.

jkuch77

Portal Member
    November 15, 2011
    Home Country
    I use a commandline that will need the channel number as a parameter. It would also be good if I can give it some predefined parameters on the command line. This will tune the receiver using http and is extremely fast.

Hi toricred,

I'm planning to switch to directv from dish and would like to use this tuning option on the directv recievers. Can you explain how you do this? :D

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    I got this exe from the SageTV forums when I was using it. To get all the options just run dtvtune.exe with no parameters. The IP address is whatever you assign to your DirecTV receiver. Obviously this should be atatic.

Attachments

• dtvTune.zip
      3 KB

teesee150

September 20, 2011
    Home Country
    How do you like MP compared to SageTV? I'm considering switching as well and also have DirecTV.

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    I am really enjoying it. It took some getting used to, but I am really getting used to it. The one thing that bothers me is that the MP TV Series plugin isn't designed to use a central database. Other than that it is great.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    toricred, I have a new Colossus and DirecTV HD and have everything working except the IR Remote control. Any chance you could outline the key steps in setting this up for use with the Colossus remote?

Thanks for any help you can offer, Dave

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    First of all I am not using IR, but I understand what you mean.

1. You first need to go into the settings for your DirecTV receiver and set up a static ip address on the same netowork as your server. Obviously you need to have your DTV receiver plugged into your network.

2. Next install IRSS (IR Server Suite) on your server.

3. Open TV Server Configuration and turn on the TV3 Blaster Plugin for IR Server plugin.

4. After this you canxpand the Plugins menu item and go to the TV3 Blaster Plugin for IR Server sub menu.

5. Click on the STB Setup button.

6. There is a tab for each TV card installed in the system. Select the tab for the card you are using to capture from the DTV Receiver.

7. Select PreChange from the commands window and "Run Program" from the drop-down below the commands window. Click on Set and point the Program box to the dtvtune app I attached earlier. The parameters should be: -channel %2 -ip DTVReceiver'sip. All checkboxes should be clear except for No Window.

8. Click OK to close all the windows and open MP to try it out.

I may have forgotten a step, but I believe that is it.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks for this, it will be very useful. I am running just a local PC connected to the TV so how might this change what you have here?

Many thanks again, Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom