TV Server Configuration won't start with new card (1 Viewer)

rich2000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I'm on Media Portal 1.15 and my dual dvb-s2 tuner card failed (tbs 6982). I've replaced it with a tbs 6902, but now the Media Portal TV-Server Configuration won't start. Error message is below.

I've got the latest drivers and successfull y used the TBS Blind Scan software - it detects channels, so the card is definitely working.

Any advice appreciated!

Cheers

Rich

Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG

rich2000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

So, neither IP address or hostname had been altered, but i followed the wiki....

Firstly I tried the "Create New Tv Server Database"...no joy. Note that the test was green both before and after changing the schema name.

I uninstalled MP using the 3rd "nuclear" option - i.e. All files, databases etc should be deleted, registry settings put back. However, the same error message then appeared during the fresh install. I uninstalled again using the nuclear option and installed MP 2, but got the same again.

I'm guessing something may not have deleted properly during the uninstall, but don't know what to look for.

Note also that the tbs6902 isn't explicitly listed under the supported cards

Cheers

Rich

rich2000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok - this is fixed now. Somehow the uninstallation wasn't able to stop the TvService. I tried this manually without success. I got round it with a system restore to the time before the old card failed.

Cheers

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom