TV server goes into standby even if MP clients are present (1 Viewer)

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    TV-Server Version: 1.0
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
    Windows Version: Windows XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium Dualcore E5200
    HDD: Not enough
    Memory: DDRII 4GB
    Motherboard: ASUS P5N7A-VM
    Video Card: Geforce 9300 mGPU
    Video Card Driver: -
    Sound Card: M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496
    Sound Card AC3: -
    Sound Card Driver: -
    1. TV Card:
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card: Twinhan Mantis 3030
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    2. TV Card Driver: 1.1.0.400
    3. TV Card: Twinhan Mantis 3030
    3. TV Card Type: DVB-T
    3. TV Card Driver: 1.1.0.400
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PowerDVD8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: MPA
    h.264 Video Codec: -
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Boxer
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC-17
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Zalman 360w
    Remote: -
    TV: Sony 40" LCD
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI or D-Sub

I'm using PowerScheduler in multiseat setup. The problem is that PowerScheduler will happily put the server into standby if no MP clients are currently watching/recording tv.

Since a connection always is required between the TV server and MP client, see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-final-svn-builds-302/mp-client-cant-reconnect-after-connection-tv-service-lost-52455/, Powerscheduler should not put the TV server into standby if there are any MP clients connected.

Since all my media is stored on the tv server as well, I wrote a little patch for the PowerScheduler server plugin, https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/development-91/patch-power-scheduler-tv-server-plugin-52155/

This patch prevents the server from going into standby if there is network activity. Since there seems to be some traffic between MP and the server even when MP is in homescreen, the patch prevents standby in this case as well.

So, as long as there is some traffic betweem MP and server the connection could be kept alive.

However, after sometime the traffic between the MP and the server suddenly stops, and the server goes into standby anyway.

No logs attached, functionality not present ;)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Actually this should be in improvement suggestions section as TVE3 server has newer supported S3/S4 on multiseat installations.

moving...

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I don't see the need for the same level of functionality as in a singleseat setup.

In a multiseat setup the server and client should be able to handle standby independently, with the addition that the server should just not standby as long as there are clients connected. An idea is to extend the current heartbeat mechanism.

My patch works really nice, but after sometime the traffic between the clients and server stops, and the server goes into standby anyway. (I'm not quite sure what the traffic is about and why it's stops after a while...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom