TV-Server manual control not working (1 Viewer)

frankvanelk

July 19, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Guys! strange problem here...

after installing mp102 and mp server 102 everything is fine. but after scanning a satellite and sorting a few channels, only in the main list, suddenly i cannot go into manual mode in the server, this tab is not reacting anymore, the same with video groups....i can click the tab, but the menu is the same as the one i was before.
the radiogroups are working fine.

after a clean install. it works again until i scan and sort a satellite.

would be great if somebody has any ideas!!! ( i still love mp!!!)

( i tried it with sql express and my sql, no difference)

TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: amd x2 4200
Memory: 2 gb
Motherboard: asus m2n
Video Card: ati 3600
Video Card Driver: 9x
1. TV Card: Technotrend 3200
MPEG2 Video Codec: cyberlink 7
h.264 Video Codec: cyberlink 7
HTPC Case: Lian Li

alextiva

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2009
    Farnham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Same problem exactly

Same thing, works after fresh install, scan a satellite, then stops working.
    Any help would be appreciated

booris

Portal Member
    January 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Same here, after upgrading to latest version of MediaPortal, my TV server has been totally screwed up and this is one of the problems.

Lesson learned once again: if it is not broken, don't try to fix it. So I should have stayed in previous version... :(

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Its not a show stopper for me as I dont use Manual Control and use 4TheRecord for grouping etc, but Devs might be interested in fixing.

Ps

This is the error which shows when clicking the tabs:

2009-06-23 09:18:15.360505 [SetupTv]: Exception :Error: UnexpectedRowCountUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The number of returned rows 0 did not match the expected count of 1.
    If concurrency control is enabled this may indicate that the record was updated or deleted by another process.
    at Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
    at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
    at Gentle.Common.Check.Verify(Boolean condition, Error error, Object[] args)
    at Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.GetInstance(Type type, SqlResult sr, Key key)
    at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.RetrieveInstance(Type type, Key key, IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
    at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.RetrieveInstance[T](Key key)
    at Gentle.Framework.Broker.RetrieveInstance[T](Key key)
    at TvDatabase.Channel.Retrieve(Int32 id)
    at TvDatabase.GroupMap.ReferencedChannel()
    at SetupTv.Sections.TestService.comboBoxGroups_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    at SetupTv.Sections.TestService.OnSectionActivated()
    at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.ActivateSection(SectionSettings section)

2009-06-23 09:19:38.860505 [SetupTv]: Exception :Error: UnexpectedRowCountUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: The number of returned rows 0 did not match the expected count of 1.
    If concurrency control is enabled this may indicate that the record was updated or deleted by another process.
    at Gentle.Common.Check.FailWith(Severity severity, Error error, Exception e, String msg)
    at Gentle.Common.Check.Fail(Exception e, Error error, Object[] args)
    at Gentle.Common.Check.Verify(Boolean condition, Error error, Object[] args)
    at Gentle.Framework.ObjectFactory.GetInstance(Type type, SqlResult sr, Key key)
    at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.RetrieveInstance(Type type, Key key, IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
    at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.RetrieveInstance[T](Key key)
    at Gentle.Framework.Broker.RetrieveInstance[T](Key key)
    at TvDatabase.Channel.Retrieve(Int32 id)
    at TvDatabase.GroupMap.ReferencedChannel()
    at SetupTv.Sections.TestService.comboBoxGroups_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    at SetupTv.Sections.TestService.OnSectionActivated()
    at SetupTv.SetupTvSettingsForm.ActivateSection(SectionSettings section)

PS

I think its something to do with the Groups that have been created in the database table.
    In 4TR when importing the groups, if I click the "All Channels" group I get a warning of
    "The number of returned rows 0 did not match the expected count of 1
    If concurrency control is enabled this may indicate that the record was deleted or updated by another process"

Can someone advise what tables this is possibly looking at and what "should" be in there?

UPDATE

Have fixed this with my installation.

In the database there is a ChannelGroup table. I had two entries. All Channels and Main Channells. They both had a sort order of 9999, so I made one of them 9998 and bingo all of a sudden I can browse Manual Control as well as TV Groups.

bushbrother

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Depends on what database you use, but if MsSQL then use SQL Server Management Studio Express

I am using M$ SQL Express, I have the SQL Server Management installed and can see the ChannelGroup table, but when i double click it to bring up properties I cannot see the 9999 numbers you speak of and also nothing is editable.

Are you using the full M$ SQL edition or express? Any more help on where to find these values appreciated.

:D

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Depends on what database you use, but if MsSQL then use SQL Server Management Studio Express

I am using M$ SQL Express, I have the SQL Server Management installed and can see the ChannelGroup table, but when i double click it to bring up properties I cannot see the 9999 numbers you speak of and also nothing is editable.

Are you using the full M$ SQL edition or express? Any more help on where to find these values appreciated.

:D

Right click on the table and select Opentable ... this will display the records in the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom