tv server no data available in tv guide (1 Viewer)

bc0508

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi
    I have a tv server setup with my tuner card. I can watch tv on my clients. I followed the instructions below and I get no data available in my tv guide.

From SchedulesDirect. To get guide info:

1. Create an account and set up a line-up on their website (schedulesdirect.org).
    2. Install the plugin for TV Server (here). The install instructions are in the Readme file. You can restart TV Server in the manual control section of TV Server configuration.
    3. Open TV Server configuration.
    4. Rename all your channels to match the callsign (eg. WXABC) in the SchedulesDirect lineup *exactly*.5. Navigate to the plugins section, enable the Schedules Direct plugin.
    6. Expand the plugins node to get to the Schedules Direct configuration.
    7. Enter your SD.org account details.
    8. On the "advanced options" tab the most important settings (in my opinion) are:
    - "automatically add new digital cable/satellite channels": I would untick that since it will be simplest to scan the channels in with your tuner. Ticking that may create channels that you can't receive which then makes it tricky to get the guide information for those channels.
    - "allow EPG channel mapping by channel number only": I would ensure that is unticked too, at least for a start. If you name the channels as specified in step 4 then you shouldn't have a problem with getting the guide data linked up correctly. This option is mainly useful for people with analog cable channels.
    - "channel name format": the naming requirement in step 4 has absolutely no relationship to this setting. Do not add numbers to the channel names when you rename them - it is literally *just* the callsign that you need.
    - "force guide update on next TvService startup": I would tick this so that you get the EPG data coming in as soon as you're ready.

The other options are up to you.
    9. Restart TV Server again to trigger SD to start grabbing EPG.

bc0508

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 16, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I got it working had to re enter my SD.org password maybe it didnt pickup my subscription.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom