TV server occasionally crashing (1 Viewer)

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Week goes by and not a single crash!
    MP is generally very stable. :)

Although, irritatingly quite a number of BBC channels aren't view-able. BBC News, BBC Three, BBC Four, Cbeebies and CBBC 'cant be found' when clicked on. All other BBC channels are fine.

I've tried re-scanning both TV servers, the channels are found but when entering Media Portal and clicking on them, nothing appears

Attached is a TV log file - you can see at 17.14 that I try and watch BBC News

Any tips?
    I recall somebody saying that BBC Three and Four had shifted recently.
    When I compare the tuning details in your log file with king of sat they don't match:
    http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

So did you click "update satellite list" before scanning?

Hi MM and Porky

No I didnt click "update satellite list" and when I did just now and re-scanned new BBC News, BBC Three, BBC Four channels appeared. I then mapped them to the card, deleted the old non functioning channels and re-ordered the new ones into place.

Now I have these channels again!!

I guess I cant check cbeebies and cbbc as its after 7pm?

Also, when this happens again do I always need to re-scan and find the new channels or is there a way for mepo to just automatically scan and insert them into place?

Thanks for your time.

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Unfortunately, experienced a crash of MP. Went from TV series to Live TV and screen froze. TV logs attached if you'd be so kind?

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi Ben,

I'm no expert, but it may be best if you can post full logs.

Also, just by way of info that can help narrow down the error, what time did freeze occur and what channel did you try to tune to?

Cheers!

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Hi Ben,

I'm no expert, but it may be best if you can post full logs.

Also, just by way of info that can help narrow down the error, what time did freeze occur and what channel did you try to tune to?

Cheers!

Thanks Porky

Sure, the crash was at 2012-10-30 18:35:00

All I did was to come out of TV series and pressed to go into Live TV. As soon as I pressed the button it crashed and only way to get out was to task manager and close MP (not responding status in TM)

And when I restarted it happened again. Only way to fix was to re-install TV server. Then everything was fine again.

Last edited:

ben1210

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Help!

Ran into some deeper issues after attaching an external hard drive (its now removed), computer really didnt like it and for some reason changed the boot sequence and wouldnt boot up. Fixed this but Media Portal not working like it was, suffering from continual crashing and errors coming up all over the place, info service ticker stopped working, online video not letting me view programmes or crashing on startup of video. I'm also getting MEPO JIT messages and then MEPO closes.

I got this windows message whilst trying to download some catch up TC (online videos plugin);

Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name:CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01:mediaportal.exe
    Problem Signature 02:1.2.3.0
    Problem Signature 03:4f844ede
    Problem Signature 04:mscorlib
    Problem Signature 05:2.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06:4ef6c7cc
    Problem Signature 07:194e
    Problem Signature 08:27
    Problem Signature 09:confused:ystem.OutOfMemoryException
    OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID:2057

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

EDIT: All fixed with a 2 hour uninstall / install of Media Portal. I left MP TV server alone and it continued to work fine with fresh MP install, this was a relief as didnt want to go through the ball ache of finding and sorting channels

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom