TV Server Plugin (1 Viewer)

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I am looking for some assistance on developing a new MP1 TVServer plugin, which will in time be followed by an accompanying MP plugin, compatible with the Ares and/or Titan skins initially. Now I am only getting started with this but I have come up against, what I hope is a relatively simple issue to resolve.

I cannot seem to locate the "IEpgHandler" and associated "SetStandbyAllowed" method used to prevent the TVSever sending the HTPC to "standby" while the plugin is working. Now I may not actually need this in the end, but I would like to know where this is none-the-less.

I have looked at NuGet and see that the version is at 1.15, here, having not been updated since 2016. Is this the issue? I have also reviewed the existing TVServer plugin's and their codes as well as the documentation (such as it is) on the Wiki here.

Now I suspect that I can locate the relevant "PowerScheduler", or whatever the .dll is named, in the MediaPortal install on my HTPC but I would like to do this via NuGet if at all possible or maybe someone can point me in the right direction regarding that .dll!

I would really appreciate any input, thanks...

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I cannot seem to locate the "IEpgHandler" and associated "SetStandbyAllowed" method
    If you have not already done so, I would suggest doing the following:

(1) Download the MP source for the most-recent release, and unzip it into its own folder tree.

(2) Obtain a tool for scanning text files in a folder tree. I use Windows own "findstr.exe", with a "front end" batch script to provide me with the command-line interface that I want.

I have just scanned for "SetStandbyAllowed" (without the quotes). There are 24 hits, many of which are invocations of that method. There seem to be several definitions of that method, which is a bit perplexing (but I know nothing about methods). I have attached a zip file containing the hits as an example of the output that "findstr.exe" produces.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Attachments

• standby.zip
      603 bytes

JJDoherty

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2013
    Dublin
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    ...Download the MP source for the most-recent release, and unzip it into its own folder tree....

Thanks @CyberSimian for that, much appreciated. So having got home to have a bit of a better look at this, this is where I'm at.

I opened the MP1 solution and searched the solution to find the "IEpgHandler" interface within the "PowerScheduler.Interfaces" project in the "Common-MP-TVE3" folder. I was therefore able to add this project to my new TVServer plugin solution and reference the project from there and access the "IStandbyHandler" interface, which may suit my needs better.

So there you go, for anyone else in need.

Next up is creating a small database and accessing it through the new plugin. On that count I am unsure if there is a something already available that I can leverage within MP for the connecting to the database and the GRUD operations that I may need to perform?

Once again any assistance and/or suggestions would be great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom