TV Server Service won't start after Power Outage (2 Viewers)

philster

Portal Member
March 16, 2006
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All
Hoping for some help. We had a power outage today while at work. My Single Seat Server/Client HTPC was in standby at the time of the outage.
The PC booted fine after the outage, media portal started up and was used to watch some video. After being left idle for a while, it put itself to sleep as per normal behaviour.

After dinner, we sat down to watch some TV, resumed the HTPC from standby. Have Mediaportal set to restart on resume, but this time MP got stuck on the startup screen at "Starting Plugins", and there it stays. I killed MP, rebooted the HTPC, but still the same problem.
I went looking in the log files and found it seems to be related to the TV Service not starting up. Tried to use the TV Sevice config tool, but that just tells me the TV Service is not running would I like to start it. If I say yes to that, after a few minutes I get an "Unhandled Exception" error in a message box. This error is logged in the TVService.log that I have attached in the hope someone can point me in the right direction to get things working again.
I have also attached a full log set from the watchdog process,

I am on MP 1.5.0 using the Streamed MP Skin.

Any help would be very much appreaciated.

Regards
Philster

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It looks like you changed your computer's name:
    Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.
    You can use MysqlWorkbench to edit the server name in the db ;)

philster

Portal Member
    March 16, 2006
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks Heaps. Your suggestion led me to the server table in the MySql database and the name in there was an IP Address. For some reason my router must have dished out a new one after the power cut. Updated to the server name and all is working again.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom