TV Server Setup - Scanning channels, no signal (1 Viewer)

tommiwan

February 4, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm trying to set up the mediaportal tv server, and running in to some issues. I've seen similar issue posted but have not been able to find an answer for my scenario. I have a hauppauge win-tv hvr 2250 with the latest drivers on a windows 7 computer. I am trying to receive OTA signals through an antenna and ATSC tuner. I know that the antenn/tunera work because I have it configured within media center. When I go to scan for channels in mediaportal tv server setup it runs through the channels very quickly with a message on each that say "no signal". I've tried different driver versions, I've checked the third party checks tab to ensure that media center does not have the card locked. Can anyone provide some help as to why I am not finding any channels?

Here are some specifics about my setup. Let me know if I need to provide any more details. Thanks in advance.
Computer: Powersec B670
Tuner: hauppauge Win-TV HVR 2250
Driver: 7.9.1.29297

Edit: Added log files

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    69.6 KB
Last edited:

tommiwan

February 4, 2013
Home Country
Thanks for the reply. I had seen that page, but misunderstood the setup. I now have placed one ATSC and one analog tuner in to a group. I have a total of 4 tuners, so I have two groups, each with an analog and ATSC tuner in them.

After changing that setup I am still getting "No signal" when I scan for channels. I have tried scanning with all 4 tuners. Initially this gave me the BSOD on the analog tuners, but I had read about that so I changed my drivers to an older version and was able to scan for channels on all 4 tuners. Unfortunately still "no signal"

Any other ideas?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Tom,

I also use the HVR 2250 dual tuner for OTA/ATSC and had a problem with scanning when I had Preferred Network Provider = "ATSC" mode enabled. Scanning worked correctly when I switched to "generic". I only enabled the ATSC tuners, disabled the Analog tuners, and did not do any of the "hybrid tuner" setup. This was with the latest Hauppauge drivers = 22xx_7.9.1.29297.

see the following in wiki, use "edit tuner" and look for Preferred Network Provider. The attached picture shows how I have this setup. I also have some HDHR tuners on this system.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...uration/TV-Server_Configuration/02_TV_Servers

Attachments

• TV_Server.PNG
      TV_Server.PNG
      156.8 KB

tommiwan

February 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks so much for your help RonD! This setup fixed my problem. I was able to scan and find channels and preview them to know that it is working.

Thanks again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom