TV Server Timeout (1 Viewer)

grandalf

Portal Pro
January 26, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have noticed that when trying to tune a channel that has a weak or non existant signal, the TV server freezes for a long time until it finally gives up and returns control. This can be up to a few minutes at times, at other times a reset is required. Is there any way that the timeout can be shortened. This has become a real nuisance of late, as the local transmitter is having switchover work done, resulting in variable signal strength. I suppose on the plus side it gives time to make a cup of coffee while waiting. Any possible fix for this one?

DJBlu

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Llanelli
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have noticed that when trying to tune a channel that has a weak or non existant signal, the TV server freezes for a long time until it finally gives up and returns control. This can be up to a few minutes at times, at other times a reset is required. Is there any way that the timeout can be shortened. This has become a real nuisance of late, as the local transmitter is having switchover work done, resulting in variable signal strength. I suppose on the plus side it gives time to make a cup of coffee while waiting. Any possible fix for this one?

You can reduce the timeouts in the TV Server config.

General -> Scan -> Tune

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom