TV Server Tuning Parameters DVBS XML File Editing (1 Viewer)

ixlr8nz

October 27, 2013
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Gidday,

Just wanting to know if there is some way to put the Inner Fec Rate as "Not Set" in the XML file for a certain frequency? There are frequencies I would like to scan for, but can't do it without putting in the Inner Fec Rate which I don't always know.

Also interested to know if there is going to be some kind of blind scan feature put into TV server? This would be awesome.

Thanks very much
Mike

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Mike :)

Many (or at least some) tuners require the inner FEC rate to be specified in order to successfully tune. For that reason I wouldn't recommend doing this in general. Also, you can manually scan with inner FEC rate not set by enabling advanced tuning options and selecting the "single transponder" scan type.
    Finally, I note that "update satellite list" should download the latest transponder lists for all satellites. Unless your transponder is really new or a "secret" feed, it should be included.

If you still want to modify the XML file...
    1. Open your XML file.
    2. Locate the <Transponder> section that you want to change (or add a new one).
    3. Change InnerFecRate to "RateNotSet".

Also interested to know if there is going to be some kind of blind scan feature put into TV server? This would be awesome.
    It is on my wishlist, but quite complex because it is so different to normal scanning and because each tuner brand would have to be supported separately (blind scan is not supported by BDA).

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom