[no Bug] TV Server (1 Viewer)

Arnax

Portal Member
January 26, 2011
I'm not really sure what you mean with LCN, but I think 'local channel name'
My DVB-S channels are from several different providers, so I don't think this is provider related.
I cannot check your reopen suggestion because I'm watching TV right now (on 1.2.3)
I think there is a :confused:
In continental and eastern Europe, virtual channels are not used, since television sets and receivers there allow users to freely assign arbitrary "programme numbers" or "programme letters" to channels.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I did an upgrade install and didn't import anything and that was fine but I did a scan the other day and several channels had moved and the new ones have all been put on 10000 and don't get any EPG data so I can't see what's on.
    This will be due to the location of Local Channel Numbers. They have been moved from one part of the database to another.
    After (re)scanning you'll get the 10.000 on the LCN. If your ISP provides LCNs, you'll have to remove the channels and do a complete new scan to get the correct numbers back.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    After (re)scanning you'll get the 10.000 on the LCN. If your ISP provides LCNs, you'll have to remove the channels and do a complete new scan to get the correct numbers back.

I'm pretty sure my ISP isn't providing LCNs or anything else to do with Freeview. Anyway, I deleted the channels and rescanned and all of them are on 10000 again, except one, Dave ja vu, that's on 791. Surely this is a bug?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    So no fix for this? I guess I'll have to wipe all my channels and start again, which is a pain but I have to do something because having no EPG data for my favourite channels is worse.

EDIT: No, that didn't work either and now I've got even more channels on 10000.

EDIT: That's weird. After deleting and rescanning, it's still got Ch4, Ch4+1, Ch5, ITV2, E4, More4 on 10000 but I now have EPG data for those but not for the extra channels that are now on 10000, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, BBC News, BBC Parliament and 301 and 302. Probably with BBC3 and BBC4 it's because they don't start broadcasting till the evening but most of the others should have data.

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have had a look to the TV-server database.
    10000 is the default value of the channel field.
    If your provider does not use channel-numbers the channel-scan does not deliver values for this field and the record is saved with 10000 as channel-number.

But the epg should work without channel-numbers.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Nope, still no EPG data on those channels so it's not that they weren't broadcasting earlier.

I'm pretty sure all the channels on Freeview should have channel numbers and there's obviously something wrong when BBC1 is Ch.1 and BBC2, BBC3 and BBC4 are 10000.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Is anyone looking into this? I've just done another EPG grab and from the log it looks like it's not even trying to get the data for BBC Two and several other channels, even though it is for Ch4 and others which are also still on Ch 10000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom