[Configuration] TV Subtitles on/off by default (1 Viewer)

mrspock

Portal Pro
September 14, 2008
Madrid
Home Country
Spain Spain
Started on: 2010-06-06
last update: 2010-06-07

Summary: When watching TV I usually do not use subtitles, but from time to time I do. If you want to see subtitles sometimes, you have to enable them in MP Configuration, but then each time you start MP, the subtitles will be on screen (although you can hide them with the remote).

Area: configuration and TV

Description: It would be nice to add a new configuration option near the enable DVB and teletext subtitles options. This new option could be something like: "Start MP with subtitles off". It can be selected only if any of the enable subtitles is checked.
If unchecked, it would be the same that now: You start MP and TV and TV subtitles are on.
If checked, it would be different: You start MP and TV and TV subtitles are off.

In both cases, you could change manually the state with your remote or keyboard (key 'L').

This would solve the problem shown in this post (TV Subtitles enabled are displayed always by default).

I think that this is a very easy feature to implement.

Thinking about the problem, I have found another way to solve it. Maybe it will be possible that MP "remembers" the status of subtitles from the last run and it will keep next time is run. This way, you can turn off the subtitles first time you run MP, and then it stores that parameter in the configuration file that is read next time MP is executed. Each time you close, suspend or hibernate MP, it will store the parameter. Each time you open or wake up MP, it will read that parameter.

I think that this is also very easy to implement.

pellegj

Portal Pro
May 7, 2009
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Maybe it will be possible that MP "remembers" the status of subtitles from the last run and it will keep next time is run. This way, you can turn off the subtitles first time you run MP, and then it stores that parameter in the configuration file that is read next time MP is executed. Each time you close, suspend or hibernate MP, it will store the parameter. Each time you open or wake up MP, it will read that parameter.
And perhaps even on per channel basis would be very nice.

ravenrocks

Portal Pro
October 11, 2007
Maybe it will be possible that MP "remembers" the status of subtitles from the last run and it will keep next time is run. This way, you can turn off the subtitles first time you run MP, and then it stores that parameter in the configuration file that is read next time MP is executed. Each time you close, suspend or hibernate MP, it will store the parameter. Each time you open or wake up MP, it will read that parameter.
And perhaps even on per channel basis would be very nice.

+1
On the swedish channels SVT1 and SVT2 the subtitles aired are for a different show sometimes and to disable them I have to press lika 15 times to go the complete circle to get to Subtitle off...pretty annoying.
I know I could probably link a button on my remote to disable it, but I don't have any buttons left ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom