TV-Tuner setup (1 Viewer)

Rob Bresnik

November 28, 2012
San Diego, California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just installed Media Portal and was looking at the forums and help sites and could not find a solution for this. I want to setup the TV Server and find absolutely not options for this in config menu, can find no where to download the tv server. Can someone help me? Just want some direction here...all the help items assume that you have installed the tv server but I can't find anything on how to do that from scratch.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome Rob

Usually MP and TV Server are installed at the same time with the process described here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/12_Installation/1_Deploy_Tool/0_Select_Options
    - "yes, I will use MP to watch TV"
    If you do an advanced installation then choose "single-seat" to get MP and TV Server on the same machine.

So I guess when you installed MP you didn't select the options that would ensure TV Server would be installed?
    If that is the case, open the installer with the program you use for opening zip files.
    If the program is any good it should be able to open the installer as if it is a zip file.
    In the archive you should see a file labelled something like "package-tv...".
    Extract and run that to install the TV Server... or alternatively uninstall and reinstall with the correct options.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom