TV without timeshifting improvements (1 Viewer)

Gordonx42

Portal Member
February 17, 2005
When timeshifting is enabled, you can navigate through all of mediaportal with the tv still playing in the bottom left corner. However, when timeshifting is not enabled, the tv turns off as soon as you leave the my tv menu. is there anyway to have the tv stay on in the bottom left regardless of timeshifting status?

i have been told this has been done by design. unfortunately for me, i never use timeshifting.

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Gordonx42 said:
When timeshifting is enabled, you can navigate through all of mediaportal with the tv still playing in the bottom left corner. However, when timeshifting is not enabled, the tv turns off as soon as you leave the my tv menu. is there anyway to have the tv stay on in the bottom left regardless of timeshifting status?

i have been told this has been done by design. unfortunately for me, i never use timeshifting.

Can I ask why you don't use timeshifting? I mean, even if you don't need it, just set it to timeshift for 10 minutes, and your problem is solved. You don't have to use it to benefit from it...

Sam

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    While I like the fact that the tv stops when you leave MyTv, I dont use it either, there no point. Why put excess strain on the system (mainly hdd) when its not needed.

Gordonx42

Portal Member
    February 17, 2005
    Callifo said:
    While I like the fact that the tv stops when you leave MyTv, I dont use it either, there no point. Why put excess strain on the system (mainly hdd) when its not needed.

this is also a reason why i don't use it. maybe im being anal, but i don't want my hard drive constantly spinning.

but also, i recently installed a s/w encoding card that i use to view my tv, and a h/w for scheduled recordings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom