TV3 Blaster Can't blast same consecutive digits (1 Viewer)

RSykes

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am having a problem blasting channel number with the same consecutive digits (E.G 114 will only get 14).

All other blasting works fine just consecutive digits.

I am using the Samsung 2100c setting withing the SetTop Box configuration.

I am currently using the latestest beta of Mediaportal with current SVN and the latest beta of IR Server Suite, but had this problem on previous versions also.

Can someone help.

spar1grep

Portal Member
February 27, 2008
Home Country
Hello RSykes,

It could be the delay configured for blasting (what software are you using for blasting)? Your STB may be ignoring the second number blasted as it is the same as the first number therefore it thinks due to the timing between the first and second blast that you have accidently pressed the same key twice (as blasters can send IR quicker then a human), it does not happen with different numbers as the programmer of the STB has determined that if you blast two different numbers at the same quick speed that they must be correct (and you must have really quick fingers!).

I had to set my delay to 800ms to get my STB to recognise the numbers being blasted with a 99% accuracy, slow yes but reliable ;-)

Thanks.

Gary.

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Also, make sure MePo isn't configured to limit channels to 2 digits.
not sure if this is your problem, but it's worth a shot.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    maybe your blasting so quickly that the STB ignores the 2nd identical blast because it thinks its a reflection. some ir remotes send an alternating signal when you press a multiple times very quickly to distinguish between a double key press and a reflection. does your blaster support alternating ir codes for double key presses?

solution would be either, setup an alternating ir code (if possible in your blasting software/script) or increase the delay between digits.

RSykes

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Thankyou everyone for the replies.

I am using the standard TV3 blaster from IR Server Suite.

I have tried setting the interval up to 1000ms and still no luck.

The blaster is sending the command but no difference.

I will have to see if I can find the codes for the Samsing box and see if there is a difference may be a code identifying end of send for each key.

Thanks for you help, if anybody has any other ideas please let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom