TV3 Blaster Fine in Test But Not Using Guide (1 Viewer)

mroc

Portal Member
April 7, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have been using a TiVo as a STB flawlessly for abt 2 yrs. Recently I had problems which forced me to reinstall Win 8.1. I an using a Hauppauge Colossus with the TiVo. I recently found out that I can control the TiVo via TCP. I have it set up and working perfectly in the TV Server config tests, but it will not change channels using the guide. Looking through the log, it seems to be issuing the commands properly, but not sure where it goes wrong. Any help would be great.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Make sure you restarted the TV service after enabling the blaster plugin. ;)

mroc

Portal Member
    April 7, 2013
    Home Country
    Yes. I have restarted the server and the PC many times. Are TV3 Blaster and MPControl mutually exclusive plugins, because I noticed that is was flagged in the attached log as incompatible with MP1 v1.9.

mroc

Portal Member
    April 7, 2013
    Home Country
    After looking through all the responses that I could find on this issue, I was afraid there might not be much response. Any other thoughts? The TV3 Blaster is evidently not running the external program ("PacketSender") necessary to change the channel. I also attempted to use the plugin's own utility that sends TCP messages. That didn't work even under the test environment.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry for my lack of response (I've been away from home without internet access for the last 6 days).
    Glad you found a solution, and thanks for sharing. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom