[Rejected] TVE DVBLink scanning tuner patch (1 Viewer)

romadd64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Neos,

why do you say that MDAPI support (even if unofficial) isn't stable ?
    It works very well.

romadd

Neos

Portal Member
    February 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will probably not be able to disclose all the details about the MDAPI module's I used due to forum regulations. I have one Anysee tuner which internally is just a TV tuner with Smartcard reader. I use a certain SoftCam MDAPI plugin with the anysee, installed the latest mdapi filter (fall2009) and also tried the mdapi filter that came with the SoftCam. Neither is stable, the TVServices randomly crashes with, according to the event log it a) faults in the softcam module or b) in the mdapi filter.

I am happy it works well with your setup and MDAPI plugins but for me, I just get random crashes of the TVService. And I have tried lots of configurations and different settings yet it still crashed. If MDAPI was officially supported by Mediaportal it would probably be a hell lot more stable, though I support the decision Mediaportal made regarding MDAPI.

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would like to be certain that DVBLink can or will not fix this before adding a workaround like this. The problem with it is that workarounds stick around longer then the actual problem (most of the time). And most of the time there is no one around to verify if it is still accurate at the time you need to do something with that code.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I agree with Rik.

The fix may be simple, but it would be *far* better if DVBLink could fix their own bugs. I would be happy to co-operate with them (providing technical information to help them resolve the issue) if necessary...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again everyone

I've been talking with some people who are also using DVBLink tuners with TV Server over -->here<--. It seems that the latest versions of DVBLink Server [3.2.1] and TVSource [3.2.2] actually set a service type of 114 for television channels. It isn't clear whether the same service type is used for radio channels. I would appreciate it if someone here would be able to test that - all that is required is to post TV Server logs for scanning of a DVBLink tuner which is providing radio services. We should be able to support DVBLink tuners as soon as we get that information... :)

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If i am not mistaking 114 is hex 0x72.

That is: 0x1C to 0x7F reserved for future use

So wouldn't it still be a bug in DVBLink and a workaround if we add that? Seems to me that they should not use any special number, but if they have to, then it at least needs to be in the user defined range (0x80 to 0xFE)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Technically yes. It is better than service type of 0 and using hasAudio and hasVideo though - the logs that I saw over in the other thread did not always have hasAudio=1 and hasVideo=1 even though the services are apparently all TV Services. We can request the changes and see what they say...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No. If you want DVBLink tuner support in TV Server then like we said, contact them and let them know about this problem. We'll be happy to talk with them...

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks like this was rejected so I'm setting the Threadprefix to rejected :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom