TVEngine3 Snapshot: 01-04-2008 01-08h Revision 16867 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
General Infos:

Please visit our Wiki-Guide before you try out this engine.
We also provide some tutorial videos which show how to install and configure the TV-Server and TV-Client.

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Capabilities:

- seperate front/backend
- supports multiple frontends
- supports multiple backends (master/slave servers)
- analog/atsc/dvb-c/dvb-s/dvb-t support
- recording to mpeg-2 program stream (.mpg)
- mpeg-2 transport stream timeshifting
- multi tuner support of course
- epg / mhw grabbing right from the DVB stream
- network streaming via rtsp
- teletext grabbing

- ci / cam support for firedtv, twinhan and technotrend
- placeshifting
- TV Movie Clickfinder EPG import

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Requirements:

- latest MediaPortal SVN-Build Wiki-Guide --> Download
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition ---> Download
- additional (but recommened) SQL Server Management Studio Express ---> Download

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

Music 03/01/2008 [10:22:57] hwahrmann added: Artists with a single quote in their name caused some queries to fail.
TvServer 03/01/2008 [17:49:10] gemx added: Reworked the epg update routines (epg is no longer erased before updating) + Some code cleanups
TvServer 03/01/2008 [18:26:23] gemx added: Fixed timeshifting of DVB radio
TvPlugin 03/01/2008 [19:21:50] gemx added: Possibly fixed DVB radio in multiseat - Please report back if you experience problems - thanks gibman
tvplugin 03/01/2008 [23:44:04] gibman added: possible fixed the periodic problem with 'autofullscreenTV' when going from music playback to TV directly, the music is fullscreened instead of TV (bass/visualization).

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

bigflause

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I like the new test tool feature. when mp crashes it automatically creates a log. Media portal still not scanning all transponders and crashes on a few channel canges. heres the log it created.

View attachment 15188

scirocco790

Portal Pro
December 7, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
okay guys. a few improvements (radio in singleseat AND multiseat works and epg grabbing seems to run PERFECT now) in this svn, but i found some things considering the radio section...
- if you´re watching tv and go direct to radio and select a channel mp crashes. you have to press stop first
- changing from a radio channel to another radio channel does nothing. you have to press stop first

bigflause

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Hi bigflause.

Do you have all the patches & updates installed mentioned here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/TV-Engine_0.3/requirements ?

Normally the scan does crash quit often if you don't have the "BDA hotfix" installed (the MCE 2005 files). After I did that ... all my crashes are gone ;)

CU
Lars

No I didn't have those installed but they diddn't make a difference. Mp doesn't crash during a scan. when I manually scan it finds 14 transponders but 2 or 3 out of the 14 get no signal. if i scan again another random 2-3 get no signal. this never happened with the old builds. It seems you need mdapi to scan scrambled channels with the new builds because with out it I can't scan any. This never used to be the case. If mp is getting no signal during the scan the this must be why I ge no audio video errors on random channels as well.

By the way I noticed some new feature you guys put in when I get those no audio video errors. I come up with yes or no input options now as well as the no audio / video error but doesn't say what you are answering yes or no too? can you explain what this is for?

Thanks

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    the "yes/no" dialogue --needs some more info explanation to it.
    I know it is missing. The reason is that the dialogue cant have any more text.

If u choose yes it will tune last channel.
    if u choose no it will return to tvhome idle state.

I will think of a way to have some more info to that dialogue.

Also if know channel was previously tuned, then u will see the good old dialogue with the Ok button.
    this will ofcourse take u back to tvhome in idle state also.

/gibman

bigflause

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thanks Gib that explains it. have you any idea why mp can't find signal on some of my transponders? I figured it is either mdapi related, Technotrend drivers or something in Tvserver?

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    radio works if i stop any other media before switching to a radio channel ... good work, thx!

but I've also crashes on a few channel changes like bigflause (log like bigflause) / on TV-Server side it seems to work well, no error!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom