TVEngine3 Snapshot: 01-22-2008 05-08h Revision 17122 (1 Viewer)

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    1 thing I still don't know it's normal, when switching cards, my mediaportal program will minimize to tasktray and when switching is done, mp will go fullscreen automaticaly again. This behaviour I have for as long I can remember, TV keeps working but it looks not so professional that my desktop is shown between switching cards for about 15-20 secs.

i have the same to :-(

MoPhat

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    1 thing I still don't know it's normal, when switching cards, my mediaportal program will minimize to tasktray and when switching is done, mp will go fullscreen automaticaly again. This behaviour I have for as long I can remember, TV keeps working but it looks not so professional that my desktop is shown between switching cards for about 15-20 secs.

i have the same to :-(

Please check the MP log if exclusive mode gets disabled and then enabled during the zapping. This could cause the desktop to be shown. Also you could test i it helps to have two settings enabled 1) MP always on top 2) hide taskbar

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    i have exclusive mode disabled and evr enabled (vista)

MoPhat

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    this has nothing to do with exclusive mode. it is a vista issue. i do have a rather rude workaround for it, if anyone is interested. but this is not in a commitable shape, because it touches the MP core and may cause other issues (though it works pretty well for me).

Arn01805

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2006
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Eabin

I'm interested to test this. Can you give details on how to do this? Will the chance be easily reversible if it causes other issues?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    TS works, but not possible to delete the TS-Files with Mediaportal

I have seen this in recent SVNs. Basically, if you play a recording, stop it and try to delete, nothing happens.

However, if you play recording A, stop it, play recording B (or live TV), and then try to delete recording A, then it deletes fine.

It seems that even though you have stopped playback, the file is still flagged as being in use.

This is a fairly recent bug.

Mark

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    @eabin

I'm interested to test this. Can you give details on how to do this? Will the chance be easily reversible if it causes other issues?

you just need to replace two files (Mediaportal.exe and Core.dll) in your installation. you can easily revert them by making a backup first, or just install an svn snaphot again.

I can upload those files in the evening for you - and if you are interested, you can have the sources too.

djs73

Portal Member
    October 30, 2007
    Vught
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can upload those files in the evening for you - and if you are interested, you can have the sources too.

Great! I'm experiencing the same problem with desktop showing. I'd like to test those files

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    @eabin

you just need to replace two files (Mediaportal.exe and Core.dll) in your installation. you can easily revert them by making a backup first, or just install an svn snaphot again.

Me too, but please give us the sourcecode (patch.diff) of svn..
    Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom