TVEngine3 Snapshot: 01-28-2008 05-10h Revision 17195 (1 Viewer)

chrissooo

Portal Pro
February 21, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I think there is a workaround in some forum post. It was using some MS fake network interface. Unfortunately I cannot remember more details of it as I haven't got WLAN home.

Thanks for your answer. Just being curious, but could you still explain what are the reasons behind the this localhost limitation?

I am not the expert, but i had the same problem with my wlan. The problem is, that when the connection is lose windows reset the loopbackcontroller, that is why localhost dont work too.

In this Forum i know only one instruction and its in german -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...wenden-t26017.html?t=26017&highlight=loopback

You must install under Hardware the Microsoft loopbackadapter, its a virtual Networkadapter.
Possible that google helps you ... sorry.

Chrissooo

diggyd

Portal Member
November 19, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MP freeze when manual stop recording

I've some problem with the recording section. When I manually start a recording and want to stop it MP freeze. I also have problems with de schedules. They won't always start and I can't delete them. Is this a problem just for me? By the way MP is a great pice of software. Many thanks

Henry Mac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2006
    Schiedam
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I've some problem with the recording section. When I manually start a recording and want to stop it MP freeze. I also have problems with de schedules. They won't always start and I can't delete them. Is this a problem just for me? By the way MP is a great pice of software. Many thanks

logs logs logs....

MoPhat

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2007
    Berg
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

I have the same behaviour :(

I must check for log that i can upload.

greetz
    MoPhat

pmcguire

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Small problem, after standby the local client works fine (better than ever actually) but client pc's get no TV.
    If I check in TV streams I see they are connected but they get nothing.

Should I provide client or server logs?

windsorguy13

Portal Member
    December 8, 2007
    Small problem, after standby the local client works fine (better than ever actually) but client pc's get no TV.
    If I check in TV streams I see they are connected but they get nothing.

Should I provide client or server logs?

Supply both. Issue could be on either end. I assume you mean the TVServer machine went into standby correct? I'm betting the problem is with the server, but supply both logs (zip) to help the devs out.

jurpo33

November 17, 2007
    The problem is, that when the connection is lose windows reset the loopbackcontroller, that is why localhost dont work too.
    According to my very simple test that is not the case at least in tcp level in winxp sp2 (though my test might not simulate real situation good enough). I can setup a socket listening at localhost, plug out the ethernet cable (tested at my work machine), and the connection works just fine, provided the client uses localhost as connection address. This is exactly the reason of existence of localhost: to allow inter-machine connection independent of any physical network interfaces. If I bind the socket to the ip address of the network interface, in that case the connection naturally breaks when the cable is disconnected. I think I have to do yet an another test with a wlan connection, as it could behave differently.

Even my simple test would not be valid, I still don't understand the localhost-limitation. Even if using localhost wouldn't solve the problem, using it shouldn't make the problem any worse, should it?

Of course I could just remove the limitation and test how it works, but it would be nice to know if it's a dead end.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I'm not sure if this has been reported, or if it has been fixed in newer version, but with this version I am getting an audio delay with BBC HD.
    If I go upa channel and then back down to BBC HD it seems to fix the issue.

PVT message me (incase i dont get bnack to checking this thread) if logs are needed, or anything of that sort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom