TVEngine3 Snapshot: 02-09-2008 05-08h Revision 17355 (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Technotrend CI patch

This patch fixes some issues using CI for technotrend cards (at least for me using TT C-1500 with CI):

the first try to decode a scrambled channel did always fail after :
    - reboot of windows
    - resume from standby
    - restart of tvservice
    with message "no ca resource available" when setting channel, from the second try it always worked.

The message does still exists, but now the correct status is return to calling methods.

Technotrend.cpp
    - added workaround for first time accessing CI slot, when the status is "unknown". I added a "retry loop", max 20 * 100ms (the status 0 "no cam detected" is not affected)
    - corrected return values in DescrambleMultiple when decoding failed because of m_ciStatus!=1 (it returned TRUE)

Technotrend.cs
    - IsCamReady did always return true; now it querys the interface method

sis3970

Portal Member
    April 22, 2007
    Lommel
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I have some more issues:

1. After viewing a TS recording, LiveTV does not work. (Can't enable TV)
    2. Channels with multiple audio streams: Only primary audio plays. Not selectable anymore.

PS: I'm willing to provide remote access to my MP computer. (VNC and RDP are possible)

scirocco790

Portal Pro
    December 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    after a few days i found time to upgrade my mp. the following issues appeared on my installation:
    - dvb-s radio channel switching is very unreliable. exact the same things as in the previous svn´s. i posted logs in this thread. it sometimes does not switch channels until stop is pressed. otherwise channelswitch is VERY slow and audio stutters heavily the first seconds. sometimes it doesn´t change channels and keeps playing the actual station.
    the logs for these problems i have provided here a few days ago: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/228972-post16.html
    - if idle epg grabber is running and my mp does nothing or anything other than watching tv (playing music eg.) after about one hour it is not more possible to start tv. mp hangs after trying to start tv, and doesnt even react on ctrl+alt+del.
    i´m not able to provide logs because the whole machine is hanging then, and there is NOTHING in the logs that gives some info.
    the tvservice is NOT crashed! it seems that there is a problem connecting the tvclient to the service/db, or something that is related to the card locking.

these are the only things that are left.

btw the channel switch is nearly as fast as my fathers dreambox! :D gemx

agoulah86

November 22, 2007
    Southern Ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Watching SD channels works fine here but when I try to tune to a HD channel it takes awhile and when it finally tunes it only has audio. If I start the playback from the beginning the video appears but it is not in sync with the audio and is playing at a high FPS.

The logs are attached for when I try to tune to a HD channel (CBCHE, but has done it on all the HD channels I've tried) and if there's anymore information needed that I may be forgetting let me know.

Card: Twinhan 1028 dvb-s with BDA driver
    Win XP SP2 Pro
    2gigs ram
    Mediaportal SVN 17355 and TV Server 17355

edit: I've tried both in single seat and multiseat and same thing happens. I tried to make a raw ts dump but the file size is too large to upload (200megs or so).

sdanielson

Portal Member
    September 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Watching SD channels works fine here but when I try to tune to a HD channel it takes awhile and when it finally tunes it only has audio. If I start the playback from the beginning the video appears but it is not in sync with the audio and is playing at a high FPS.

I have the same issue.

Card: Nova-s with BDA driver
    Win XP SP2 Pro
    2gigs ram
    Mediaportal SVN 17355 and TV Server 17355

DjeC64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Gent
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    It seems that I am having the same issue than you with technotrend. I have a floppy dtv-s2. I caanot tune a scrambled channel at first since few svn. I have to start on Arte (FTA channel) then tune other scrambled channel. I noticed that TF1 and France2 are the toughest to get working now. This is on Astra 19,2E canalsat provider.

Maybe you could generalize the solution to other cards that needs to query CAM.
    Thanks.

bisch

January 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I've had the same issue as the two canadian's above.
    It started for me around build Rev 17345. The same treatment can been seen in the preview window for TV server.
    SD channels work with a picture (audio the majority of the time). HD feeds have audio, but only display a black screen and reveal the 1st frame when the preview buttong is closed down.
    I've also noticed transponder scanning on the last few rev's is extremly slow compared to past SVN Rev's.

Great work getting recording working for most NA users. I'm impressed on the amount of work and progress being made.
    I'm eager to try the recording feature in MP when video is back up.
    Keep up the good work.

Setup: Twinhan 102g with BDA Driver
    Win XP SP2 Pro (with all updates etc from wiki)
    Mediaportal SVN 17345-17355

wemppu

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Subtitle stream not being present in recordings.

I can confirm this. Subtitle selection (L) says Auto: None / Subtitles Off, original recorded stream has fin DVB-T subtitles, I do not use teletext subtitles and therefore not enabled/tested.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Subtitle stream not being present in recordings.

I can confirm this. Subtitle selection (L) says Auto: None / Subtitles Off, original recorded stream has fin DVB-T subtitles, I do not use teletext subtitles and therefore not enabled/tested.

yep, seems that the subtitle PID(s) is not recorded anymore to the .ts files. In live tv subtitles are working ok.

09-02-2008 22:39:18.796 DiskRecorder[RECORD] stream rejected - pid: 0x403 stream type: 0x6 logical type: 0x6 descriptor length: 15
    09-02-2008 22:39:18.796 DiskRecorder[RECORD] stream rejected - pid: 0x911 stream type: 0x6 logical type: 0x56 descriptor length: 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom