TVEngine3 Snapshot: 02-11-2008 05-08h Revision 17378 (1 Viewer)

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Anyone tested this with NA DVB-S? Is HD working? How about EPG?

bobbyd87

Portal Pro
January 28, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
ATSC HD QAM in North America seems to have been broken in the past few SVNs,

HD QAM Channels that worked in previous SVNs fail to tune now with a NoVideoOrAudio Error, I'm away from my mediacenter at the moment so ill post my logs associated with this when I get back, hopefully in a hour or two.

bobbyd87

Portal Pro
January 28, 2007
Home Country
Here are the associated logs with my problem stated above....

MyTV in mediaportal initially connected to the analog channel it started on with no problem (MSGZ54 in the logs) but attempting to switch to the HD channels (WSYT-DT in the logs) fails to load.

Attempting to preview the same channel in TVServer config throws the NoVideoOrAudio error.

It seems the problem was in SVN 17345 as well, but I had not tuned to an HD channel since I updated from the previously working SVN of 17036

Thanks!

fairchild

Portal Member
August 2, 2006
Here are the associated logs with my problem stated above....

MyTV in mediaportal initially connected to the analog channel it started on with no problem (MSGZ54 in the logs) but attempting to switch to the HD channels (WSYT-DT in the logs) fails to load.

Attempting to preview the same channel in TVServer config throws the NoVideoOrAudio error.

It seems the problem was in SVN 17345 as well, but I had not tuned to an HD channel since I updated from the previously working SVN of 17036

Thanks!

i have ATSC working, try a clean install, even delete the database, then rescan your channels and reinstall client and client plugin with latest svn

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    bobyd82,
    coud you please test again with the attached TvLibrary.dll and provide the logs?

icebreakr

Portal Pro
    August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Anyone tested this with NA DVB-S? Is HD working? How about EPG?

For me it's working. I can get EPG and record DVB-S. For HD I don't know... The only thing that's not working is when I press the record button while watching DVB-S I don't get the record menu that asks me if I want to record the current program or until manual stop and it doesn't start recording, but when watching an analog channel I get it. I have to open the guide then if I press record I get that menu on DVB-S and I can record...

Hope this helps...

This is the best SVN for me up to now!

coyotefxl

July 13, 2006
    Like icebreakr, recording works but only in TS, MPG doesn't work 0K files or none, only XML. Also, I have his record button problem.
    Finally I have tested MPEG-2 HD and it worked well with ffdshow codec. The only other new problem I've noticed is a TVservice crash at the beginning a scheduled to record show.
    I must also not use the VMR 9 exclusive mode to be able to watch recorded videos without stutter but I see some tearing. It's present in all the SVN I've tested.
    Another annoying problem that is always present is the poor resolution in almost all codecs except Dscaler but with this one, I have a big audio sync issue so not usable. I think it's related to deinterlacing but not sure.
    I compare some logos like CBC with the same logo in Dvbdream and the logo is pixelized in MP. With Dscaler it's not most of the times but when there's some movements in the picture, the pixelization occurs on the logo (and btw on the whole picture but very noticable on the logo.)

bobbyd87

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    bobyd82,
    coud you please test again with the attached TvLibrary.dll and provide the logs?

Hi gemx,

thanks for the reply... i added the new tvlibrary.dll but the same errors occur... here are the logs.

If you want, i can try fairchild's advice to start fresh as well.

Fairchild: are your channels QAM as well, or just over the air through an antenna

Thanks

fairchild

Portal Member
    August 2, 2006
    bobyd82,

Hi gemx,

thanks for the reply... i added the new tvlibrary.dll but the same errors occur... here are the logs.

Fairchild: are your channels QAM as well, or just over the air through an antenna

Thanks

For ATSC i only have over the air (sorry i didn't mention it)

I was getting the same error (No Audio Video), updating SVN after SVN, even my analog tuners were giving me the errors, i finally decided to reinstall windows on both machine, tv server and the client. Now i doubt it was the fresh install that fixed it thats why i just recommend removing mediaportal and deleting the entire database. Then with a fresh channel scan everything has been working great, i am currently using this SVN with a VBOX 150 for ATSC (over the air) and 3 hauppauge 150s, 2 with direct analog from the wall and 1 with a connection to the cable box via s-video (with firewire to change channels) ((for my primium channels that dont come directly from the wall))

I also have 3 clients, latest SVN, all can watch tv no issues

My provider is Cox Communications, let me know if i can help you anymore, but really a clean install (server and client) and a new DB should fix it

bobbyd87

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2007
    Home Country
    bobyd82,

Hi gemx,

Thanks

For ATSC i only have over the air (sorry i didn't mention it)

I was getting the same error (No Audio Video), updating SVN after SVN, even my analog tuners were giving me the errors, i finally decided to reinstall windows on both machine, tv server and the client. Now i doubt it was the fresh install that fixed it thats why i just recommend removing mediaportal and deleting the entire database. Then with a fresh channel scan everything has been working great, i am currently using this SVN with a VBOX 150 for ATSC (over the air) and 3 hauppauge 150s, 2 with direct analog from the wall and 1 with a connection to the cable box via s-video (with firewire to change channels) ((for my primium channels that dont come directly from the wall))

I also have 3 clients, latest SVN, all can watch tv no issues

My provider is Cox Communications, let me know if i can help you anymore, but really a clean install (server and client) and a new DB should fix it

Ok thanks fairchild, ill give a fresh mediaportal/tvserver install a try tonight and post back

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom